What did we hatch? Can you help? (Pics)

bockbock2

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
We hatched these in our second grade classroom from "mystery eggs" provided by a very nice extension agent who didn't know what kind of chickens they were from. Can you please help identify?

Hatched May 11
28306_dsc_0648.jpg

And now...
28306_086.jpg

28306_094.jpg

28306_098.jpg

28306_100.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I don't even know if they are hens or roosters!

well one is a barred rock (the black and white one), kinda looks like a roo. I think the on in the 3rd pic is a delaware. and the brown one is a silkie mix?

More info on my "mystery chicks" that might be of some help...
The brown one hatched from a tiny white egg. The two white ones were from cream colored medium sized eggs and the black one was from a med. size light brown egg.
Thanks for the input so far!
BB

The brown one does have five toes on ONE of its feet. Any idea what it could be a cross with?
BB

What about a Brabanter/silkie mix for the brown one just going by the funny doo its got going on. I think its a cutie though!

Are those feathered feet on the brown one? You have yourself a designer chicken there!! Agree silkie mix on it, as the tophat looks silkie. I guess it could be Cochin/Polish...How cute!

I'm definitely going roo on the barred one- though I'm not sure if it's a Barred Rock or a Sex Link- looks like Rock.

Not sure about the others.

Back
Top Bottom