What did you do in the garden today?

Yup, i used a lot of that when i lived in TN. As soon as our fencing gets done here, i am going to start looking for goats.
Did you used to have goats? Ever since I got them I really can’t imagine life without them. I know it sounds odd but I feel about them like I do my dogs there something calming About them. If I’ve had a day that was beyond stressful and his drug me down I can go sit with them for hours and feel peaceful once again. Plus then I’d have to start using the lawnmower more often. LOL

Actually other than the initial fencing and money for the material for the coop which was included in the gift the goats really aren’t as expensive as I had imagined. well I will say I got a little expensive when one of mine gave birth and had some complications after word. Other than that they’re surprisingly low cost. Now low maintenance made be a different story. One day I’m sure the energy level will drop some and either be done with it or get a much smaller breed because I will say trying to manhandle 140 pound go when you’re 5 foot tall and 100 pounds is a bit of a challenge. But I’m not letting any of them think their boss over me

20180524_063114.jpg
20180524_063052.jpg

Pics of the zucchini and the melons this morning. I'm so happy that everything is doing well. I hope the watermelons taste good.

Attachments

• 20180523_062820.jpg
    20180523_062820.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 4
My neighbors are going to hate me today.

I am making wooden tomato cages so will be running my saw and impact driver.

oh an I need to mow.

Funny about mowing..... Seriously we are only on 1/4 acre.....so are my 2 closest neighbors.
It was 6:30 in the morning and one neighbor thought it a good idea to fire up her riding lawn mower. The 2 issues with that are timing and that the grass is super wet this morning.

People! :rolleyes:

Those look fantastic! Yum, now I'm hungry. :)

We had three inches of rain last night. On the one hand, good--that means I don't have to water. On the other hand, ugh--swampy in the very back of the yard. So it goes.

BTW, I take back my 'nah' review of the Magnolia Tendril Pea from Baker. It was just about 8-10 days later than my other peas and is now prolifically producing tasty snap peas.

Lots of flowers on cukes and zukes and maters and peppers. Even a couple on the eggplants. None on the watermelons yet, but they've started to run. Cilantro has bolted, but the other herbs seem happy. I picked and gobbled five blueberries from the driveway bush this morning before work---FINALLY got some before the birds.

Back
Top Bottom