What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. LoveThatChick

LoveThatChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2014
    Cedar Hill, TN
    Well, I have looked through all of my seeds, and I don't have any pole beans, most have used the last ones this summer. So unless I find some hiding somewhere, I'll have to go with bush beans, cause' I have no idea where to buy seeds in my area this time of year, mainly because I grow organic as much as possible.

Apart from that, it looks like I'll be able to grow lettuce, spinach, kale, chard, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, cucumbers, spaghetti squash, and some herbs. I'll grow more of the greens than the others, because at my home, we love salads, so I must supply it, being that I've taken full responsibility of our new greenhouse this winter. :)

2. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    We're probably going to get our first snow this weekend, so out there cleaning up and clearing out spent annuals and trimming back the perennials. The roses will get whacked, too, at some point. Possibly not today, though.

3. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Try eBay for seeds this time of year . Always something available .

4. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Covered two of the raised beds with rabbit manure and bedding. Tomorrow they'll get some wet leaves too. Nothing like leaves to build up soil organisms. Worms love them.

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    One year, i dumped a truck load of leaves in my garden, worked in a couple shovel fulls of urea, and covered the whole works with clear plastic. By spring, it had broken down quite a bit. Leaves are the perfect garden amendment. Leaves and chicken poo, even better than perfect!

6. nate_o23

nate_o23 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    I fenced in my garden area and am overwintering my 10 sheep there.

7. nate_o23

Feb 22, 2009
    Between all the hay, straw and poop I should have a record crop next year![​IMG]

8. nate_o23

Feb 22, 2009
    Also staring wistfully at seed catalogs.

9. Double Kindness

Double Kindness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2014
    CO
    We're planning our order to start sprouting seeds in a few weeks. I'm so excited
    [​IMG] so many interesting crops, so little space. Sigh.

10. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Me too. Gift cards to seed catalogs are on my Christmas wish list every year! Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by