What did you do in the garden today?

Today I am admiring this.

They just pop up here and there from the chook food.
smile.png

Harvested another batch of green beans and two heads of broccoli. Prepared soil for potatoes. Gathered an entire bag of pecans. Kale is growing great, more broccoli heading up, cabbage starting to form up nicely and ... drum roll please - I have color on my tomatoes!! I love my greenhouse!

Finished building a new raised bed and planted peas under the trellis! In the greenhouse we have spinach, beets, broccoli rabe, lettuce, potatoes, radishes, and carrots coming up. The kale and cabbage are still doing nicely along with the volunteer celery that sprouted EVERYWHERE in the greenhouse. We built a new table in there and have been moving the seed flats out there during the day to keep warm and get good light and then moving them back in again every evening. Kind of a pain in the tukus but it will be worth it to beat the heat of July and August gardening around here. How's everyone else's gardens coming along now that spring is in sight?

I've got my seedling sprouting under my mini greenhouses and tons inside the house. Hope to till the garden this weekend and spend next week planting. NE Texas has had temps between 60F and 85F for the past two weeks. It's been great.

Back
Top Bottom