What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    Pulled henbit & spring wild onions out of the garden. The chickens loved it. I've got plenty, but it needs to come put so I can till

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Wild onions???

3. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    When they get put to forage they hit them first, so until I can get rid of the hawks in the trees over the coop, I have to pick and cut into smaller bits. They get something green every day. Tomorrow I'm cutting back a grass patch.

4. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014
    That's what I thought, I've got nothing to lose since the last two years the have petered out or shriveled in the sun. :) The best peas crop I had was when Hubby and I were in college, and I had a little flower garden next to the back stoop. That was the hardest clay soil, but those peas climbed 7 feet high and bore lots of goodies.

5. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Planted broccoli and romaine lettuce starts today!!

[​IMG] Now if they only had one these little guys with dirt caked on their hands!! I just can not describe the joy I feel at planting things. So so so so so happy!

6. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    finished the chicken path...spread some grass seed, mulched and waiting for it to grow now........transplanted some swiss chard starts I sprouted in the greenhouse...and about to do a buncha seedlings.......soon as I get done building the chicken tractor....

7. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I stood from afar and looked at my desolate garden. High temp of 16 degrees today. 3+' of snow on the ground.

8. RichnSteph

RichnSteph Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    Adkins Texas
    I feel a similar sort of pain. It's 73 degrees here today and has been about the same all week and I can't get an hour outside to do anything after work. When I have time it's too cold or raining, when it's nice outside I have too many other things to do.

Dang it.

9. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    I gathered a wheel barrow full of horse poo from our backyard and put it in the compost bins. You can read all about my awesome time getting 2 horses out of the road, being nearly run down by one, being asked to keep them in my less than 1/3 of an acre backyard and being threatened by their "owner" here!

I'm really hoping to move soon so I'm not sure I'm going to bother planting anything here. I will get some more compost for the flower beds to make them look nicer though, and I just repotted my dwarf mulberry trees!

10. darina

darina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2014

What a wild day for you guys. Sometimes doing the right thing is super complicated, even though t shouldn't be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by