What did you do in the garden today?

WOW! No good deed goes unpunished it seems.
No kidding! I just hope the horses don't have coggins and didn't infect any of the horses from the horse ranch that backs my property... it was soo cute those horses were all stretching to get their heads over my privacy fence to say hi to the ones we had... the day they left they we had 4 horse heads peaking over our fence hours after they left looking for them!

I got home in time tonight to get the second tank set for our AP system. We now have 1600+ gallons of water for fish and ducks. Tomorrow I set posts and break down pallets for the fence and hopefully get two of three grow beds in place this weekend so I can run plumbing and power and get the pumps running. Still need the grow media and a permanent power source as well as timers.

No kidding! I just hope the horses don't have coggins and didn't infect any of the horses from the horse ranch that backs my property... it was soo cute those horses were all stretching to get their heads over my privacy fence to say hi to the ones we had... the day they left they we had 4 horse heads peaking over our fence hours after they left looking for them!

I bet that was addorable!

I tore out some ornamental bushes and vines. I'm planning on replacing them with edible versions soon so needed the garden space!

Although not exactly in the garden, but we cleared space
1f680.png
to get our warm weather garden stuffs sowed. We'll be putting down tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and tomatillos

I tore out some ornamental bushes and vines. I'm planning on replacing them with edible versions soon so needed the garden space!

That is a great idea!
Parsley and fennel are so pretty in the landscape.(They will bring in the butterflies too.) The bright lights Swiss chad is also lovely.
I always thought the curly dwarf blue kale would make a pretty greenery in a flower bed.

I stood from afar and looked at my desolate garden.  High temp of 16 degrees today.  3+' of snow on the ground.

I got a closer look as I shoveled past the garden towards the wood pile. Several feet of white fertilizer. I did start some herbs in pots, and got my FEDCO and Groundswell Farm orders in the mail this week. Only other thing I can do is order some seeds from Pinetree.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom