What did you do in the garden today?

IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
. Some of the pansies, scallions and basil I started.

Here's the situation. 99 packets of seeds from the Sandhill late winter sale, which was buy 1 packet and we will send you another packet of same category - our choice - for free. Sandhill overfills the packets bc its easier than counting. Last year All the Sandhill seeds germinated very well. These are all packed for 2019, but with proper storage, I'm not worried. Packets generally cost between $1.50-3.00 each, so good prices. Of course, some of what they sent I'm not too interested in, but most of them I will try out. The packets in the clear plastic bag are the ones my 4-H kid picked out for the gardening book project.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.19.22 AM.png

And, I also ordered a few more seed packets from Seed Savers, which should arrive in a few days.

Good morning gardeners. Heavy rains going on now. The ice is finally gone and now lovely mud. That's OK. I didn't get a chance to get to the feed store yesterday to order chicks. I'll wait until Monday. I'm planning on covering the bed where I'll be planting peas with plastic in a week or two to warm up the soil so I can work it a bit. I want to wait another week before planting more leeks, then I'll likely be starting all that I want to start indoors around the same time. If the weather remains dry over this weekend I will start gathering the wood for that last large raised bed. Ideally, it would be nice to have it completed and filled with dirt by the end of March. It just depends on the weather. With all this concern over the coronavirus I think I should make sure I have enough supplies on hand to take care of my flock. For me personally, I usually have enough of pretty much everything to carry me for a month or two. But I don't usually carry a surplus of chicken feed. I was surprised to learn there had been around 500 people in quarantine in Massachusetts. Around half of them have been released now. And to be clear, only one person has actually been diagnosed with it. So that is a bit comforting. I'm headed to the dentist later this morning and hope I'm able to pick up the remaining garden supplies I need, some pine shavings for the chickens and some wood. All those stores are on the way home from the dentist and that saves me gas. Have a great day everyone and stay healthy!

Here's the situation. 99 packets of seeds from the Sandhill late winter sale, which was buy 1 packet and we will send you another packet of same category - our choice - for free. Sandhill overfills the packets bc its easier than counting. Last year All the Sandhill seeds germinated very well. These are all packed for 2019, but with proper storage, I'm not worried. Packets generally cost between $1.50-3.00 each, so good prices. Of course, some of what they sent I'm not too interested in, but most of them I will try out. The packets in the clear plastic bag are the ones my 4-H kid picked out for the gardening book project.

View attachment 2036718

And, I also ordered a few more seed packets from Seed Savers, which should arrive in a few days.

Now that's a sure sign of Spring! :wee:wee

Good morning gardeners. The storms rolled through last night leaving a few small puddles in the yard by the time I woke up and came outside this morning. Cold and windy today right through Saturday now but then it warms back up. It's kinda better than snow at this point in the year. I was able to get a whole tray 36 pellets worth of marigolds planted and get my makeshift greenhouse / sprout house setup. Hopefully the new full spectrum LED lights perform better than the T5's I used in previous years.

View attachment 2036718

I thought I was going big. How big is your garden plot? I could fill an acre garden with all that.

Back
Top Bottom