What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. It was raining yesterday, but today it's a bit more serious about it. I didn't do a thing outside, but I had chicks hatch and of course I had to babysit the incubator. It's supposed to rain off and on until Sunday, but I picked up some yellow Gladiolus bulbs today at TSC when I went for feed. I'm going to plant them between showers sometime this week. At least I don't have to water and the weeds out front should come up pretty easily. Here's a few snaps of the wee ones, have a great day all
20200311_111632.jpg
20200311_111614.jpg
20200311_111529.jpg
20200311_111334.jpg

Good morning gardeners. It was raining yesterday, but today it's a bit more serious about it. I didn't do a thing outside, but I had chicks hatch and of course I had to babysit the incubator. It's supposed to rain off and on until Sunday, but I picked up some yellow Gladiolus bulbs today at TSC when I went for feed. I'm going to plant them between showers sometime this week. At least I don't have to water and the weeds out front should come up pretty easily. Here's a few snaps of the wee ones, have a great day all
View attachment 2049099View attachment 2049100View attachment 2049101View attachment 2049102
So cute! :love

Aloha gardeners!
After a few good days playing and riding the horses it's time to think about getting back to the other work of completing the deck project. I can't start sanding the deck till I have Polyurethane in my hot little... big hands. (yes, I have man hands... :rolleyes:) Right? So, Biscuit and I head to town... do a feed/food run that was put off by AJ's fall last week.
20200309_133320.jpg

The cute Hawaiian boys that adopted me and my hubby during their bored time and want the wild chickens we catch said they had a coop but actually... they do not, surprise lol. A fact after catching the young roo and hen... ok. So i'll add a few untreated 2x4's to my list... with our random material @ home we can build them a starter coop. I'm still happy for their interest and the opportunity to add a bright spot in their lives.
20200310_082407.jpg

Last minute text tells me that Breeder lost his lease on farm and needs me to pick up the 2 roos I have on hold. I'll happily do it while in town... another 30 minute drive up and back to drop cage and up and back for pick up at farmers market. Can do!
20200310_082435.jpg
20200310_082452.jpg

Get everything home, boys set up... rooster drama... :rolleyes: :hmm etc.... all my coops are FULL and then some... and I hear chirping...:idunno I search and search. Our babies are accounted for. Well, DH found this little guy while he was doing my evening feed when I was in town and threw him/her in with the teenage roo and hen coop. OH MY!!! A miracle I heard it and/or it did not get pecked. So, I put little darling in a box with a heating pad and just about forget that she is there by morning. Good thing left her on kitchen counter.
20200310_094830.jpg

Somebody has fuzzy feet and big eyes like Gus. lol. What does a body do with a single chick and no cages or brooders left?!!!
20200310_102431.jpg

It's all just so exhausting!!!
20200310_082221.jpg

Have an adventurous day all!!! Stay safe and healthy!!!!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 2049099View attachment 2049100View attachment 2049101View attachment 2049102
Congratulations!!!! Most exciting!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!!

Hey There used to be a pizza place on the SW side of town. My brain says it was out by Fruit of the Loom. It still there?
Can't think of any pizza place by the fruit of the loom outlet, but heck this is bowling green, there's 10 different restaurants on every street corner. A stranger driving thru town would think none of us know how to cook! Lol

Back
Top Bottom