What did you do in the garden today?

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Now you guys have me wanting to grow luffa! I think I might give it a try next year!
Awesome, we can continue to learn about them from each other.

Yesterday removed half the tomatoes. Today will be the other half. Brought in the unripe tomatoes that will likely ripen eventually.
Some of the old-timers around here used to hang the whole plants upside down in a shed while the last few tomatoes ripened. They reckoned you got more flavour in the fruit that way. Have you ever tried this? Most people just strip the fruit off and put it on a window sill to ripen.

The iris' need trimmed down and the daisies and russian sage need cut down. Sigh.
Oooh, I have recently put in seeds of Russian sage. I have never grown it before. All this working from home has given me back my commute time each day to try new things. Is there anything I should know about growing it?

The main thing I would be concerned about is Mareks. But I really know nothing about it. If her birds look and act healthy then they should be fine.
That's kind of how I'm thinking, if her stuff looks healthy they should be ok. Mine are carriers of a respiratory infection so I'm gonna get the new girls sick anyway. :rolleyes: I feel like it may not be worth it.

Some of the old-timers around here used to hang the whole plants upside down in a shed while the last few tomatoes ripened. They reckoned you got more flavour in the fruit that way. Have you ever tried this? Most people just strip the fruit off and put it on a window sill to ripen.
I always pull in all the green ones & wrap them in newspaper & have them ripening till Thanksgiving!

Is this the place to ask about house plants as well?
Ohhh, hello fellow Nutmegger! :frow

ETA: sorry I'm posting so much today, lol. I have lots to say apparently! I'll stop.

Go and destroy! Those get no mercy.
George, I never thought you were like that. Nice of you to pop in. Ask away @black_cat. We may be able to help.

This time of year the nests are filled with the reproductive young queens for next year, and they attack viciously if disturbed - no mercy. They are capable of swarming an animal and stinging them to death. I don't want to be that animal. :oops:

George, I never thought you were like that. Nice of you to pop in. Ask away @black_cat. We may be able to help.
Thanks! I"ll start with a real garden question: If you plant raspberries, how do you keep the birds (chickens and wild birds) and chipmunks and squirrels off?
House plant questions: Has anyone here ever kept a venus flytrap and were they difficult to care for?

Where are they coming from? That’s what I would consider first. I have three BR hens. They are ok in temperament but they do have their moments. They were quicker to alert to hawks than the RIR’s. So I’m a bit confused with the gag reflex and the Covid testing @WthrLady. I was tested a little over a month ago and got the up your nose to the back of the throat test and it totally cleared the area that triggers the gag reflex. It looks scarier than it really is. Of course I also have experienced a bronchoscopy wide awake and that was up your nose and down into my lungs.
Ya. well, he's not good with smells either. He can get his own sinus' draining and start gagging and once he starts.....some people. Don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom