What did you do in the garden today?

Quote: I will pray that you get some of this rain. Usually in the summer here it will rain almost daily.
Rains arrived today!! Yesterday afternoon the clouds set in, but I was not hopefull as that has happened so many times this May. BUt today the skies opened up and it has been on and off drizzling.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
Thrilled!!!! lol this is just the kind of rain to get the soils to remember how to absorb the rain. Light drizzle over a couple days expected. WHOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

My husband loves picking the fresh veggies for our salads!
big_smile.png
Just like my kids.
lau.gif

That's great you got some rain! We had some bad storms come thru last night and did quit a bit of damage to my pens. It's taken most of the day so far to get it fixed.
big_smile.png

I'm hoping the eggs my BR hens have been on nearly a month will still hatch.

okay here the way to survive this summer in NY ac unit and electric blanket don't put either away for the season. Last week muggy running almost naked this week sweater and jackets. Mother Nature sure seems moody this year-) with all this rain been researching back yard bee keeping need to find somebody local that I can trade grunt work for knowledge. My thoughts and prays with those of you in flooded area.

In New ENgland we get wonky weather . . . but its been wonkier than usual. June 1st the temp was 48, and this morning it was 47 and still rainy. A good long soaking rain for sure. IT can quit now though.
big_smile.png
Time for the sun again!!

I have Russian Comfrey growing in the back. Its one of the sterile kinds that do not set seed and I bought roots to get them going. They are in their own bed, since I read I will never be able to dig all the roots out once they are established, and they'll keep coming back from the root pieces!

True comfrey sets seeds and I have heard it really spreads and takes over. Be careful where you plant it, too.

I'll be using my as a compost activator and to make healing salves. People used it for fodder and medicinal teas, but recent studies showed that it can damage the liver so the current recommendation is for external use only.

Back
Top Bottom