What did you do in the garden today?

I'd be on the floor, curled up in a fetal position by then. Or snapping at everything and everybody. But nope, my blood sugar is fine, according to every test I've ever had.
Some people are more sensitive than others. Most people don’t feel symptoms unless their blood sugar drops below 70. But some people it’s higher. I start feeling shaky at 85 which is still considered in the normal range.

Well we planted everything end of March first of April in the garden beds and grow boxes. DH has lettuces and herbs growing in the greenhouse. We just had a 24 hour of snow and melt down. Hope not much was lost outside. I painted my aronndike chair restrained gold pretty in yard near new poultry house in grey with black accessories. I’ll have to weather varnish the chair. Hope done with snow here. Need my end table for chair and small plant and good to go to enjoy my hens with refreshing glass of water. My florals are in bloom. F6314993-AB42-4BC9-840F-0761F7DEA768.jpeg 1F233C23-BF48-44F5-B0C4-9994D5BAF2DB.jpeg A65DDE23-C2D8-43C4-AF0A-C4188532F472.jpeg

I'll be busy planting this weekend. I'm finally getting more deliveries from Gurney's. Today I should receive Glaskin's rhubarb, purple majesty potatoes and mountain rose potatoes. Saturday I should receive Jerusalem artichokes and the Hinnomaki red gooseberry.

This is a bit exciting because all of these things are new crops I haven't grown before. Wish I had the potatoes a few weeks ago, but I think I'll manage to get a decent harvest in July as long as we don't heat up too quickly in June. I may need to give them some shade in late June, early July. But then again we might get another low hanging cold front then for all I know with this weird weather.

Went to the feed store to pick up chicken scratch. Walked out with more seeds to plant, a Purple Cherokee tomato, black diamond watermelon seedlings, and several more packets of seeds to replace some of the ones I lost when my seed bag went missing. I also bought a Red Haven peach that's about 4 ft tall to replace the 18" seedling that didn't survive the winter, apparently. I STILL haven't planted the two 5 ft Live Oaks that I bought last weekend....so that's my plan for this weekend. More planting, planting, planting. I might actually be able to catch up if I stop buying more things to plant! :D

I also went to buy a 64 oz. bottle of 2 4-D to get rid of the buttercup that is taking over my pasture, only to find out that I need a chemical license for it. Called the extension office to find out when the next training is.... While we wait, DH bought two 1 Qt bottles of 2 4-D which will hopefully be enough to the portion of the pasture that needs it the most. I really want to get it sprayed ASAP and then re-seed the pasture with some fresh bermuda.

Went to the feed store to pick up chicken scratch. Walked out with more seeds to plant, a Purple Cherokee tomato, black diamond watermelon seedlings, and several more packets of seeds to replace some of the ones I lost when my seed bag went missing. I also bought a Red Haven peach that's about 4 ft tall to replace the 18" seedling that didn't survive the winter, apparently. I STILL haven't planted the two 5 ft Live Oaks that I bought last weekend....so that's my plan for this weekend. More planting, planting, planting. I might actually be able to catch up if I stop buying more things to plant! :D

I also went to buy a 64 oz. bottle of 2 4-D to get rid of the buttercup that is taking over my pasture, only to find out that I need a chemical license for it. Called the extension office to find out when the next training is.... While we wait, DH bought two 1 Qt bottles of 2 4-D which will hopefully be enough to the portion of the pasture that needs it the most. I really want to get it sprayed ASAP and then re-seed the pasture with some fresh bermuda.
You have to show your license here to buy the stuff, so it save buying without.

I've misplaced 4 packs of marigold seeds. Darn it, where are they?!

You have to show your license here to buy the stuff, so it save buying without.

I've misplaced 4 packs of marigold seeds. Darn it, where are they?!

I knew they tracked certain chemicals, such as Ammonium Nitrate. I have had to take certain hazmat and other classes on explosives with my work in law enforcement and emergency management. I just didn't realize that 2 4-D was on that list. What is REALLY dumb is that you need a license to purchase a 64 oz jug but you can buy up to 6 1 Qt bottles without a license. :hmm Mind boggling.

I absolutely HATE the feeling of my hair on my face. It's in a ponytail just about every minute I'm awake. I'd get a short-short cut except I don't want to go get my hair cut every other month. Other than shampoo, I don't spend a cent on my hair. When it gets too long, I have DH cut 6" off. And I mean take the ponytail and SNIP! with scissors
I am with you, hair touching my face makes me nuts. @Sueby, eons ago I had long hair (with short bangs - I am so old! -) but about 6 months before I retired there was an accidental buzz cut done and honestly I've kept it that way ever since. In fact I'm just about due for another. DP and I cut each other's hair since the lock down and we've gotten pretty good at it.
The epazote managed to die?! That's amazing
Yeah I felt bad and refused to give up on it but the stem/root section just never woke up. But I up-potted the new plant in the same pot in it's honor. :)
Definitely dead. Took its squashed, curled up body off to the trash, after it landed on the bed covers.
AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Some people are more sensitive than others. Most people don’t feel symptoms unless their blood sugar drops below 70. But some people it’s higher. I start feeling shaky at 85 which is still considered in the normal range.
I get shaky and irritable but no idea what my actual blood sugar is at those times.

Misplaced my freaking wallet this morning and I have an appointment to get tested for new glasses. Dang it! Walked the garden, coop, rabbitat, raised beds, yard, and house. It must have fallen into something and so out of sight.
:he :barnie:mad::(:idunno

Edit: DP found it! Yet another reason I love her! Woot! :wee

Last edited:
Drain pipe arrived. Along with pea gravel. This is the home ownership part that’s a drag. Spending money on very much non-exciting things.

pea gravel is for crawl space -some areas just need more. 40 years of various people crawling around under the house to do work on cable, electric, or plumbing, not to mention normal temp variations means some areas need a bit more.

drain pipe is for when there are heavy rains, we divert water quickly into farm field behind us- which is the natural place for the water to go. Otherwise, it threatens to enter our barn. Land is pretty flat here, so we need to move the water away. there is a drain pipe under the road that causes heavy rain water to flow down between our yard and south neighbor in heavy rains, but this drain pipe is for the other side. In heavy rains, the water flows down across north neighbor’s yard to the farm field, but when it’s really heavy it will enter our yard and then that water can back up if it can’t flow fast enough across farm field. It doesn’t help that farmer removed the big/wide waterway that allowed water to flow to the proper ditch at the “bottom” of his field. He just plowed right over it, as if the water was going to magically disappear. So, now his top soil is leaving with the flow of rain water.

Back
Top Bottom