What did you do in the garden today?

I have pineberries.. lots of runners, no berries. I've eaten one in two years. I'll be ripping out the last of them shortly. I have high hopes for the Mara des Bois I planted, berries are just starting to turn but I have already cut off runners on those too.

I'm considering pulling them all out of the tire at the end of the season and transplanting them to a portion of the pasture where they can spread. Wondering if I let them spread out if they will be more productive on the berry side.... Either way, I'm sure my horses and goats would love the greens.... Win/win?

There is such a thing as hangry and regardless of what tests and drs say you feel it so I understand. I have a friend who is the same way. If she doesn’t eat three squares and a couple snax she’s a real bleep first, then shaking and feels like she’s going to faint. How can a person test fine with those issues?
Just because in normal in the textbooks DOESN"T mean it's normal for YOU>
I get the same way. I get hot and shaky, DH gets agitated, short - Hangry.
=====
3 apple trees - all replacements for trees from a big company I'll never buy from again, are going in today

The greenhouse is vented and blowing.

Still haven't found the missing seed packets.

Tomorrow is the Mid-Plain Fiber Fair, so I'll pop out tomorrow for half the day, spend some money to support local, then come back to help DH with chores.

Have a great day all.

It took several hours for the adrenaline to wear off yesterday. At one point I just decided to go lay down for a bit until it wore off
It can take 72 hours for a full adrenaline dump to work its way out of your system. If you're on the operating table and your heart stops, that's what they inject (so I was told; I'm not a medical professional). This is stuff that can literally bring people back to life.

Tomorrow is the Mid-Plain Fiber Fair, so I'll pop out tomorrow for half the day, spend some money to support local, then come back to help DH with chores.
As in spinable fiber...? Gee, I miss spinning. Gotta get back into it.

=====
3 apple trees - all replacements for trees from a big company I'll never buy from again, are going in today

Have a great day all.

I can relate.... The replacements that the Arbor Foundation sent for the pecans and live oaks don't appear to be much better. Pretty certain the Live Oak replacements also died. Not sure yet on the Pecans. DH and I went to a hardware store that's two towns over (about 25 minutes from our house). I found 2 Live Oaks there that are around 5 ft tall for $16.99 each. I snapped them up pretty quickly...

So far my experience has been that, when it comes to trees anyway, local is always better, healthier, and bigger. Chalk one up to 'Lesson Learned' for me.

=====

Have a great day all.
That’s true.

Oh, does my garden need a chicken moat! Or maybe I can rig up a tractor that is long and skinny and move it up and down the fence. I had a deep layer of leaves over some cardboard at the perimeter. It sure kept the grass down last summer.

But snow and rain turned the cardboard to mush, and the bottom leaves to glorious mulch. The grass took the opportunity to send roots under the fence to boldly go where grass has gone before.

I went along on my hands and knees and dug out grass and roots for about two hours, and I found some grubs and bugs for the chickens. Time flew with music in my ears. Weeding is always better with music.

That area is my squash bed. I plan to put in 4-5 hills of butternut. The soil there has really improved with no-till, heavy mulching. The leaf mulch is so thick that I don't get many weeds, either.

Except for the darn grass.

Got a high tunnel up & got the hot cherry peppers out there. It's an experiment to see how they do before I do it to the habaneros & cayenne. I'm not sure how/if I should be hardening them off to go out there. Some just went from under the lights to under the tunnel, others I've been hardening off with the cukes & squash simply because of space limitations.

Hoping to get the parsley outside this weekend & maybe get some more dill seeded. Planted a packet of bee loving flower seed my sister gave me that came in a box of granola bars. :idunno

I have no luck getting pole & bush beans correct. This time it was my fault - planted some purple bush beans & what I thought were the purple pole beans. They started getting kinda big & looked like bush beans so I went in & checked the seed packets - the pole beans hadn't even been opened. :lau :he So I pulled all the bush that were supposed to be pole & replanted. I kill myself.

Got a compost thermometer, so exciting! I turned the compost & stuck the thermometer in there, I'm curious to monitor the temp.

Back
Top Bottom