What did you do in the garden today?

Blegh, you all are reminding me that my vacuum cleaner sounds like it's on the verge of death and the motor needs to be checked. Never suck up drywall dust with a regular household vacuum. Lesson learned.

Finally it is warm! 60s today, sunny, going to get the basil taken care of in a bit and let them all get some real sunshine and sit on the porch for a while.

Also letting diaper changing stuff sit in the sun for a bit as well. Sunshine kills diaper pale stink given a few hours to work.

Grackles also eat all my bird seed in the feeder we hung out front. So annoying to fill it and see it empty in just one day because of those gluttons.
They used to raid nests in the tree we had out front and kill the baby doves. So when one of their babies fell out of the neighbors palm tree into my yard I don’t stop the chickens from doing their thing.

We've gotten maybe 1/8" of rain so far (can I have some more please?) and the slugs and snails must have thought it was the starters gun! They are all over including where my radishes are coming up. Made a pass with the organic slug bait, DP wants to use dishes of beer but I'm thinking dumping and refilling the dishes is going to be super gross :sick.

Back
Top Bottom