What did you do in the garden today?

That said, a few potatoes were mushy and full of nasty little crawly bugs of some kind.
Maybe the seed potato that was planted - this is how our seed potatoes (that produced the plant) end up looking like when we dig up the harvest.

@igorsMistress Everything looks great

Your pic, made me laugh - there's a joke here somewhere ...HOT DRY climate and a fire chiminea. I do like a hot dry climate (although the Vegas area is too hot and too dry for me to think of living there), and have enjoyed it when I lived in Eastern WA.
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 10.28.26 AM.png

Cool and possibly rainy today. Plants on deck for some sun.

Was busy yesterday prepping and delivering food for 60 people (including many hungry teens) - to took all day to prep, cut, set up, then heat through, and make delivery. Luckily someone else brought veg/fruit/chips. Got compliments on the food, so always a relief when people enjoy what is brought.

Turkeys and BJG are 4 weeks old! 2 more weeks and turkeys will go to their pen. One of them has an injured leg - have NO idea how, as they are in a very safe brooder. So, we will grow that one until it needs to be culled. I bought six poults knowing that turkeys look for ways to die and are more fragile than chickens, so am hoping for at least 3 to survive, more is better, of course. Right now we have 5, but one with injured leg.

The 10 week old chicks have integrated very well, and a few ventured out the open run gate to explore the wider area yesterday with the rest of the flock!

If you hit something you may have sheared the flywheel key . Check that . That changes your timing and it will not start . New key solves that .
If it's a push mower, those small engines are simple but one little thing and they don't run right. For me its been the carberator or spark plug 90% of the time. Both can cleaned, but spark plugs are cheap enough to just replace. Carbs are not as easy to clean, but it's better t[ clean than replace when it comes to cost. Check the gas tank too. Is it full of rust inside? Rust in the gas is what clouds up a carb.

I gust put 3 kinds of squash and 2 kinds of cucumbers in germination bags . The last few years something keeps eating my seeds . Tomatoes of course .
Yummy! I have that problem with corn, that something eats my seed. I’m pretty sure it’s grackles, they’re rotten birds!

Maybe the seed potato that was planted - this is how our seed potatoes (that produced the plant) end up looking like when we dig up the harvest.

@igorsMistress Everything looks great

Your pic, made me laugh - there's a joke here somewhere ...HOT DRY climate and a fire chiminea. I do like a hot dry climate (although the Vegas area is too hot and too dry for me to think of living there), and have enjoyed it when I lived in Eastern WA.
View attachment 2632976
I laugh about that thing too! We do enjoy it when it’s not hot; believe it or not it freezes over night here in winter.

I had to come in for a break, but the duck pools are done and the stairs for them to get in are too. I fertilized stuff first. I need to cut all the flowers off the artichokes next, but also staked my little tree thing with a piece of bamboo and cut some of the top off. I’m also going to trim the Mexican bird of paradise back there, it’s a little top heavy and I don’t want it to blow over in the wind. We’ve had a lot of that lately and I’m over it. The last thing will be to water the oleanders and shrubs in the front and the weeds can until tomorrow.

Yummy! I have that problem with corn, that something eats my seed. I’m pretty sure it’s grackles, they’re rotten birds!
Grackles also eat all my bird seed in the feeder we hung out front. So annoying to fill it and see it empty in just one day because of those gluttons.

If it's a push mower, those small engines are simple but one little thing and they don't run right. For me its been the carberator or spark plug 90% of the time. Both can cleaned, but spark plugs are cheap enough to just replace. Carbs are not as easy to clean, but it's better t[ clean than replace when it comes to cost. Check the gas tank too. Is it full of rust inside? Rust in the gas is what clouds up a carb.
I have found carbs on chainsaws and weedeaters can often be bought new on eBay for about the cost of a repair kit . $12 - $15 and free shipping . Did it once on a lawnmower but cost more but still cheap . Was not a perfect match so I put the new cartridge into the old carb .

Back
Top Bottom