What did you do in the garden today?

I worked on the trellises again today. The cucumber trellis didn’t survive last nights storm and had to be set back up. Then while I was cutting more branches I stumbled across a stand of small trees with fruit on them. Turns out we already have native plum trees on the property! Now I feel stupid for buying some earlier this year. I’m really impressed by the amount of native fruit trees and bushes were already already on property when we moved here. So far we’ve found plums, persimmons, PawPaws, mock strawberries, wild cherries and wild blackberries! I’m inside now because we are under a severe thank warning. We’re in between storms right now and we have a double rainbow!
E2EF85AF-7C29-4B06-A79D-C00E4014770E.jpeg
418A85A1-B920-4EBB-8D1C-AED98C601867.jpeg
AE812F65-4285-4494-AA86-62DDB0E9B290.jpeg
8A8BB624-AB33-400A-8312-BE19C46E1999.jpeg
64C9AE9E-4EDE-48FA-B6F1-E49AB23FFB98.jpeg

Last edited:
Another hard, long day. DH had no school work to do this afternoon, so I went to the fiber fair, more out of obligation to a friend than wanting to go. Hour and 15 to get there and another back. I did managed to pick up two more shuttles and some more bobbins, a large kettle corn, a Tshirt and I stopped at the hardware to grab some hooks and eyes.

Got home ate lunch, and then we tackled the LONG list of 'to do'.
We got through about half, but he did the stuff I could do, but it freed me up to do the stuff he couldn't.

The rest of the list I can tackle as I get a chance this week.

But phew. When they day starts at 4am... am I right?!

Tomorrow is picking up stuff from DS, marketing, and some of the chore list again.

Nothing garden related except watering the greenhouse things. Have our first bloom in there today, a french double marigold. I swear the tomatoes have grown 2 inches in 3 days from the warmth, strong things.

OK. Off to make dinner. Have a good evening all.

We got an inch and a quarter rain so far! Woot! Really gusty too, it blew the door of the greenhouse open. Sun's out now so I just ran out and closed the door and set a bag of soil against it to hold it. The chickens have gotten used to being let out of the coop and have been whinging to get out. They know nothing about rain at all so I'm tempted to let them out to learn, but I haven't set up the pavilion yet and I do know about rain so they're staying in. :D

Thank God for decent neighbor's. I got my tiller back today. It it's running better, but not great. I don't think it has the horsepower to get through the hard ground where I need to lay grass seed. My neighbor was out and kindly offered to let me use his. It's a beast! It's a Honda rear tine time that home depot is to rent out and they eventually sold it so he bought it at a great discount years ago and it still runs great. I tilled the three patches of the back yard that need grass seed and the remaining portion of the garden. Then I raked one area smooth for grass seed but soon found out I am out of seed. Darn it! So we got to regrading another patch I tilled and then built the raised rows in the last section of the garden that I got tilled. We blew right through dinner time so now I'm off to pick up pizza.

I built these bad boys today out of landscape timbers. Two down, only seven more to go. Filled them with soil that we have from excavating for an above ground pool. When they are finished I just need to wait a few weeks before I can put anything in them.

PXL_20210424_222136215.jpg

Waiting for chicks to come, waiting for it to be warm enough to put my plants outside...:barnie

Back
Top Bottom