What did you do in the garden today?

Morning.

Did absolutely nothing in the garden except forget to bring in the cayenne starts I was hardening off. :he I need to remember I can't remember anything anymore.

Got the littles to roost in the big coop last night, went a LOT better than I thought it would.
Maybe you need one of those twisty things for your starts like you have for water. Are they ok?

I don’t remember half the time either!. So many things to do and care for and sometimes things get forgotten.

Good morning gardeners. I watered the shrubs and succulents this morning. The TX sage is blooming! It has recovered well from transplant and duck munching
1F6AFDE5-8A36-4FA4-94BD-93655CE5EE9B.jpeg

F023B3A9-D084-40FA-BB5C-FAFB176F2086.jpeg

Here’s some more pics from this morning
74D6F135-E33D-401B-A30A-55F9620DA32F.jpeg
8B31F03D-843B-4E17-88D6-2614D604DC3A.jpeg
60FEA7C0-1FB7-4415-A23A-86179DEDD5BA.jpeg
4DB3AAD0-EF24-4E25-AD76-99EEC070D9F0.jpeg
FB401C8E-EEE6-4DA2-AB66-F9D9AD51E7EA.jpeg
96A9EF1C-E917-4D88-B98F-5C6BAC6AA76A.jpeg
2F358A11-B2EC-4B43-A5E9-C235B62E207C.jpeg
FC7092AE-FEBE-4B07-B6FD-0A94C7C854AC.jpeg
0301BD68-EDE8-4E3C-9E83-3A3A7B80C56F.jpeg
0078AF06-1DA2-491C-B6D4-445241D301B7.jpeg
8AE42E37-14B5-4D1F-88D6-3C224CD7541E.jpeg
E981FCD5-72D9-4072-8DA3-546B63EF93F7.jpeg

Good morning every one. I was poofed when I was done with inventory last night at 430, but then then it dawned on me that Friday (today) the lawn was due to be mowed, but I won't be here (open shop day), and it's going to rain Sat Sun Monday morning, and then Wed-Thurs. By next Friday, I'd have to have a team of goats to get through it. So at 430 off I went on the riding mower. I finished just as the sun set.

Now the birds are chirping. The swallows are fighting over the loose chicken feathers in the yard. The dog is napping on the sofa. I'm getting ready to load and make a list of what I'm taking with me for sale. I managed all the plants, plus 2 dozen little girl's dresses, half a dozen gardening aprons, 5 loaves of braided bread and 2 dozen giant iced cookies.

Phew. I need to water the beans while I'm out there, but otherwise we're still a couple of weeks away from putting tomatoes in the ground.
Withrlady I cheated and planted my 3 big maters in the wicking tubs :thI couldn't resist hope it doesn't bite me ! But figured I could manage to cover 3 plants if needed. I just want to plant them all! :duc:eek:

Hubby's family used to do that every year. The first time we visited his mom's house, he pointed out the row of pine trees, saying, "That's 72, 73, 74,..."

We did the same thing for a while, but several died. Since we were limited to what hubby could actually lift, they were small (3 foot-ish) trees. The last few we were pretty sure wouldn't make it, as when we planted them, their taproots were chopped by whomever potted them up. It was too sad to watch them die, so we got a fiber optic tree the next year.
Oh , that’s too bad. I try and get native trees if I can, two years ago I was lucky to find a Pinion Pine . That was a real score as those are hard to find. It’s doing well. Last year due to COVID it was hard to get one but I ended I with a cute
lttle incense cedar. One of the key issues to consider for this practice is not to have them in the warm house for to long. So they stay outside until Dec 23 then come down the day after Christmas . This way they are only in for 4 days. We get smallish trees so they are easy to deal with. I don’t think we’ve lost any. I’ve lost track of what tree was what year. There is one tree we got the year both our dads were dying .my hubby went to spend his last Xmas with his Dad and I stayed home to be with mine. We had Xmas together when he got back home. We gave that tree the name Vern&Tom after our Dads. That’s a special tree. This picture is of this past Xmas.
2CD852B7-D5E1-464A-A1C4-8EBF7FC44EBB.jpeg

Market was a bust. I made enough today to pay for the baked good ingredients, and to pay for the planting supplies in the greenhouse, not for any of my time or effort at all. She'll be open tomorrow, but it is university graduation day and rainy, windy, cooler, and stormy - so no idea who will wander out in that. I brought all the veggies home to put in the greenhouse for the night. I won't be taking them back down there for tomorrow, but left her my order forms. I did leave the remaining 3 Mother's Day flower baskets I made down there. They should be fine over night if her cats will stay out of them. Sigh.

It's depressing. I spent 6 hours down there. I'm now suffering from a major sinus' headache. Too many candles, too many cats, too much pollen.

See you all in the morning.
Bummer. I’m sorry to hear that after al the work you did to prep for it. Hope the next one is better and so is your finger.

34F this morning. It will only be 55F today.

it will only be 44F tomorrow and rain all day.

we still have 4 more nights of potential freezing temps. And who knows if Mother Nature has another late freeze up her sleeve like last year:mad:

so irritating.

plants still inside and there are some days I can’t put them out on the deck. Too cold or too windy or too rainy, windy, AND cold. Normally they’d be able to be out every day in May, at least some portion of the day.

I think we are trying to set a rainfall record or something some areas have already gotten double the normal for the whole month.
Yup, I’ve lived through some years with exceptionally high rainfalls and it is tiring.

It’s supposed to rain most of next week. I think we are trying to set a rainfall record or something some areas have already gotten double the normal for the whole month. I’ll be getting the rest of TEG weeding done and try to build what’s left of the trellises. If by some miracle I have time left I’ll plant out the peppers.
And here in California were not getting any rain. Too much or too little right? Where is the Goldilocks zone I wonder?

And here in California were not getting any rain. Too much or too little right? Where is the Goldilocks zone I wonder?
Ironically I remember a few years in CA when it rained for two weeks straight. Literally. I remember because hubs was home and couldn’t work for almost a month because of it.

Back
Top Bottom