What did you do in the garden today?

Ironically I remember a few years in CA when it rained for two weeks straight. Literally. I remember because hubs was home and couldn’t work for almost a month because of it.
Yeah we’ve had our rainy seasons for sure but this ain’t one of them and In So Cal, it’s been a while since we’ve seen em. Unfortunately I suspect we’re in for a long, hot, dry summer. Fingers crossed that there are no devastating fires. In the back country especially, it’s a condition we have to live with I’m afraid.

34F this morning. It will only be 55F today.

it will only be 44F tomorrow and rain all day.

we still have 4 more nights of potential freezing temps. And who knows if Mother Nature has another late freeze up her sleeve like last year:mad:

so irritating.

I am with you. I live in northern Minnesota and we have a saying not to plant anything until after the 1st of June. A few days of warm weather in May can fool all of us and plants get put out too early only to be hit by a late night frost which stunts the growth of the plant, or sometimes kills it outright.

Yeah we’ve had our rainy seasons for sure but this ain’t one of them and In So Cal, it’s been a while since we’ve seen em. Unfortunately I suspect we’re in for a long, hot, dry summer. Fingers crossed that there are no devastating fires. In the back country especially, it’s a condition we have to live with I’m afraid.
I lived in So Cal for almost 30 years, I’m well acquainted! I’m just next door in AZ now. Out of the frying pan, into the fire so to speak.
The news here has been doing a series on the drought conditions and increasing temperatures. Our average rainfall has decreased by almost an inch in the last 30 years. Used to be just above 8” and now it’s just above 7”. I’m curious how So Cal is faring in that regard, it can’t be good. I remember learning about the aqueduct and how it transformed So Cal from desert to a lush, green oasis but now there’s a lot of talk about water rights between states and countries as well. It’s getting kinda scary these days.

Today, more weeding a little planting and sewing seeds, more allergies(although masks help a lot. who knew?) and then a little yart project. Been wanting to make a bowling ball lady bug for a while now and today was the day. I had the bowling balls I had picked up for my goats to push around but the aren't that interested so I took one of them and painted her up. Now I just need to find the right place for her. I have a couple more bowling balls so I may make her some friends. I'm hoping they will send a message to the aphids.View attachment 2654049View attachment 2654051View attachment 2654054
That is so cute

Fellow gardeners, Just want to pass on a little promo for a product that really helped me. One of my riding mowers was surging really bad, enough to make you almost seasick. It was terrible. Worse yet, I only had 30 hours on the machine. Anyway, I talked to the shop where I bought the machine, and of course, fuel issues are not under warranty. But the head repair man walked me down to the isle of gas additives and told me that he had heard good feedback from some customers with similar problems on their poor running machines. He suggested I try out a product called Star Tron.

View attachment 2654268

So, having not much to lose, I bought a bottle. I added it to my gas can and filled up the tank on my mower, At first, no difference, after an hour, somewhat better, and after two hours the engine was no longer surging. It now runs like brand new. Whatever stuff is in that Star Tron, it cleaned out my carb and the engine just purrs now.

:old I guess I'm turning into my dad, when a good riding lawn mower is all it takes to make me happy.....
Product noted- will try it out. Keeping the mower happy makes me happy too.

Back
Top Bottom