What did you do in the garden today?

It rained here most of the day so the grass and plants are gonna shoot up. After the rain stopped, I looked at a couple of my trees- good grief. I have honeysuckle growing up my crepe myrtle- again this year- I spent a lot of time weeding that stuff out of the branches last year. I cut all the vines I could see so they would die and removed as many as I could reach to pull down. Next time I go out, I will get the stuff on the ground. My tulip magnolia got hit hard by the snowmageddon this year- some of the branches look dead. I have a lot of suckers at the bottom that I finally removed so now it looks more like a dying tree than a dying bush. Ho hum, another job in the yard.

Loaded the orchard with deer stick pots and have industrial spray coming on Friday. I am at war.

On the edge of frost again tonight, and that should be it for a while, barring any surprise late May frosts, which do happen, usually a couple days after I plant the tomatoes. LOL.
I am right between the tallest peak this side of the Mississippi and another hige mountain, and am resisting the urge to plunk my tomatoes out until Sunday. My alabama gardening instincts are telling me I am running behind, but WNC last frost date is May 15. Last year I killed 80 plants with my overly eager hardening off.

speaking of pain in the butt deer. I cannot keep them out this year. Next step is electric wire, which doesn't really work either. I am so sick of them. NOTHING NOTHING is working. And it's not like there's nothing else to eat this time of year. I'm ready to saw them all down. Many of the leaves are missing and that year after year, kills the trees.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
View attachment 2663255

my german shepherd male dog would make deers disapear for good within 3 minutes, lol.

Lots of veggie transplanting in the green houses and thinning out a pumpkin patch . Divided a cymbidium that a friend gave me ( she gave me two but I ran out of time) made 7 pots out of 1. Will tackle the other one tomorrow. The gazebo looks nice with all the green. Gave my bi-monthly garden side Chat on zoom for a local community garden. This evenings topic was on propagation by cuttings. Nice group of folks. Full day of gardening, pretty pooped!
EC9B7B54-8F1C-4721-926B-3C3B0800DFE1.jpeg
44D6AE2D-B523-432F-9280-E2204366B76C.jpeg
68B0C86E-C576-4BD2-8D8B-0CBD503950C3.jpeg

Yeah I have one that I have doubts about too. They're all supposed to be female but no guarantees so we're rolling the dice really. We don't really mind a male or even two ($2 chicks so good deal) since we're doing some practical culling in the fall. I'd love a rooster but we can't keep them here.
@ChickensForEggs2500, welcome to the thread, and I wish all my seeds were planted. :)
I can't wait to see what it turns out to be! I'd like a rooster when we retire & move to a bigger place.

Yes, but she's round, and I won't take a pregnant doe.
Oh man, you just can't win!

Still nothing planned in the garden, another week or 2 till I'll plant peppers & tomatoes & everything else is looking good.

I did pull some beautiful rhubarb yesterday. I have to go to a friends & grab his & then I'll make some jam.
IMG_20210511_121731436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom