What did you do in the garden today?

Yeah I have one that I have doubts about too. They're all supposed to be female but no guarantees so we're rolling the dice really. We don't really mind a male or even two ($2 chicks so good deal) since we're doing some practical culling in the fall. I'd love a rooster but we can't keep them here.
@ChickensForEggs2500, welcome to the thread, and I wish all my seeds were planted. :)
Thank you! I'm excited to share when they all sprout. :)

Thank you! I'm excited to share when they all sprout. :)
Don't forget to post pictures, we love pics!

@oldhen2345, Most herbs to better with a little rough treatment and for tarragon and rosemary, they have a stronger flavor. Basil is more fragile unless it's Thai Basil, that stuff is a weed and I love it.

The first row of potatoes is up and growing nicely.
The second row should be up now, only one plant is barely up and not looking great. The seed potatoes in this row came from Gurneys abs I was credited because some of them were rotten when they arrived. I decided to dig up one a seed potato to see if they are growing. I ended up digging up two of them and both were rotted. 😡 in decaying whether or not to replant the row with new seed potatoes. Too late? I could always grab an early variety.

I just went out to fill up the gas tank (who knows if we'll be able to get gas here on the east coast soon) & it took ALL I had to drive past the garden store! Nursery plants are in! Thankfully I had the dog with me & it was a bit warm to leave him in the car. I kind of want to go back. :gig

How frustrating @WthrLady. Do you have a DEEP (that's what it's called here in CT) that you can talk to about it? I think they make exceptions out of season if something is doing major damage.

@Wee Farmer Sarah it has been an exceptionally windy spring so far, it's crazy. I don't know how that is, but it is!
Yes, but she's round, and I won't take a pregnant doe.

Too late? I could always grab an early variety.
I'm still planting my seed potatoes so I'm hoping it isn't too late. Gurney is such an old company, I remember their catalogs from when my dad got them in the mail. They're still using a lot of those same over-colored pictures too so it made me wonder.

Tonight is the penultimate night for needing to cover up the strawberries. I hope.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands -- trying to get them all done in one trip. One thing about living out in the boonies... everything requires a trip into town. But I can deal with that in exchange for the "living out in the boonies" part.

What site or app do you prefer for checking weather that let's you know about frost warning. Surprisingly, it's something that's not included in many of the weather forecasts.
Or are you just watching the news? I can't do that between lack of time and fighting for tv access with children.
I use NOAA for my location for the frost/freeze. They seem to be pretty accurate, and post warnings, etc. for radar I use another app, and I do check other sites too.

Covered up the strawberries ..might need one more night under cover.

Got the turkey pen hopefully nearly ready for their transition on Thursday.

chickens laid 13 eggs!
0AEAC806-703E-4B71-B845-6008227FEB19.jpeg

AAND...I stopped at the greenhouse to buy some cucumbers, squash, and pepper starts. Then I had to get cat food for the barn cat, and entered thru the greenhouse part of Walmart, so came home with cat food AND 2 eggplant starts. Never grown eggplant, so that will be a new thing to try.

Back
Top Bottom