What did you do in the garden today?

Sounds like everyone is having a weird spring! We seem pretty normal here for this time of year (*knockonwood* I don't want any snow!) lots of fluctuating temps & rain every other day.

Nice out there today, sunny & warm. I've been having bad back spasms so I'm on some meds & will take it easy today (my day off). I did spend a few minutes sitting in & enjoying the garden, my happy place. It's so nice to see things coming to life.

I planted 18 potatoes. 4 were from my seed balls that I planted last year. Some Kennebec and Elba for the rest.

While I was digging the holes, I dug up 4 taters that I somehow missed last fall. I cooked them up in the air fryer, and they are delicious! Dinner was all home grown: spinach and kale out of the greenhouse, those taters, and eggs. I forgot to get some garlic to add to it, but fortunately I have enough taters and greens left to do it again for lunch or dinner tomorrow, and remember the garlic.

Sure wish the wind would die down... it's making me nervous.
Do you have your potato section covered in case of frost? I am nowhere near having the garden ready enough to start planting stuff (I blame the puppy... she is a huge distraction), but plan to get moving on it starting today with my husband helping me choose which branches to use as fence posts (and helping me move them).

We got our wild berry patch cleaned up last weekend. I don't expect we will get berries this year, but it looks SO much better!

I may have impulsively bought 2 rhubarb bare roots while grocery shopping because they were on sale for almost half off AND were buy one, get one 50% off. So I got 2 for the price of one at normal price! Now I have to figure out where they're going....

Finished my first no-dig hoop tunnel :D
Although I bought the wrong color of plastic film, the painted pallets look nice.
13937.jpg

Back
Top Bottom