What did you do in the garden today?

I’m at war with the plant-eating worms… 🐛 look at what they’ve done to my cabbage!:
80D4A341-DA12-466D-AB2C-0DC75855B72D.jpeg

:barnie

"COOLER" air is moving in this afternoon and for tomorrow.
DH and DS went into the big city to the sporting store and to see a movie.
I'm moving the last of the 2020 hay, and then moving the 2021 hay from the curing shed into the barn into giant stacks, then the 2020 hay will go back on the front to get used first.

That time is coming up fast. If I can find 3 or 4 dry hot breezy days after the 4th of july, I'll cut 2022 hay and bale and put it up in the shed.

OMG I am allergic to EVERYTHING in the bales and even with long everything on, which is HOT, I am one itchy, bumpy, red MESS!!!

Almost time to dig potatoes, and hopefully the tomato clones will be ready for planting in their spot in the hoophouse, after amending the soil of course.

After lightening/thunderstorm and babying dogs thru it last nite all I did was water the Lazy Garden by turning on hose to Lazy River. Too muggy to work in garden and I'm too tired.

I observed a few Snow White Tomato suckers already rooted in water from just a few days ago! I took off Bloody Butcher suckers to root last nite - wow that is one beautiful hefty tomato plant - I can't wait to see the tomatoes!

I prefer to use these cheap laundry baskets lined with weed fabric for my tomatoes instead of the expensive air pot. However, the air pots are better for fruit trees.

There is a 3 inch mound of lava rock in the middle of the rectangle laundry basket to prevent root rot. The 2 inch water reservoir keeps the soil moist through out the day. The white stuff in the rectangle laundry basket is blended egg shells.

The 1 inch water reservoir in the round laundry basket has no rocks on the bottom, there is barely enough water to keep the soil moist through the day.

DSCN0582.JPG
DSCN0583.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom