What did you do in the garden today?

where we planted ours just happened to be an area where the utilities are underground (I know we weren't thinking 3 years ago)...and they've dug up 3 times in past year so they got berries on em and are literally turning brown the whole bushes 😔
Oh no! I'm so sorry about your bushes! I hope they recover and stop getting dug up.

I have to catch up a bit later - but I went out this am for the usual walk thru & noticed JB damage on the beans so I got out the traps - HOLY COW I was swarmed! :sick I smushed as many as I could but had to grab the wasp spray! They were crawling all over the packages of lure. There must be 50 in the trap in the 10 minutes it's been up. I didn't check the 2nd one. They sure did emerge quick! 2 days ago I saw 1, now there are hundreds.

I guess Patrick (the dog) couldn't dig up & eat all of the grubs, tho he tried.

Good morning gardeners. Taking it a little easy today. It’s laundry day and my first load is already going. Yesterday it got up to 90F for several hours. Fortunately it cooled down enough to turn the AC units off at bedtime. The garden has survived 2 days of high heat and we’re looking for showers to start soon. My pole beans are starting to climb and my acorn squash plants are looking really good. My short row of romaine lettuce (Parris Island Cos) did really well with the heat and the chard is just loving the warmer temps. I’m hoping my okra and bell peppers respond to the side dressing of compost and epsom salts. Fingers crossed. The only identifiable insects I’ve noticed is the cucumber beetle. I sprayed neem oil on the affected plants. Hopefully this second spraying gets them to move on. Nothing else happening today.

Spent an hour on the phone calling around for a tire. Found one that will be delivered to the tire shop by two. PHEW.
The yellow onions flopped over about a week ago, so I dug them up last night. They weren't much larger than when I planted them. I tossed them into the compost.
The potatoes flopped over last week and the vines almost died back, so I dug all 5 of those too. From 5 large seed potatoes I got 8 quarter sized potatoes. :barnie
What a weird year.
SO, I'm down to grapes, tomatoes, and horseradish, and candy onions, which I don't have a lot of hope for either.

I haven't worked this diligently on a garden since 2007 or there bouts at our last home.
It is so frustrating that we have had a chance for good rains over the past 3 weeks and yet once they show getting to us on radar they just totally disappeared and we dont get a drop. With everything else going on in the world this is just another added "kicker" ya know?!
Guess I should be going to God more and trusting Him no matter what. And thankful in spite of the lack of rain I have gotten 5 squash and 1 cucumber!
Ok pity party over.
Yall have an awesome day out there!!!
I sure enjoy seeing all yalls gorgeous harvest and how ya use em!
Same here. Not a drop of rain yesterday for us but the southern part of the state got really nice showers. Go figure. Glad I watered everything.

Spent an hour on the phone calling around for a tire. Found one that will be delivered to the tire shop by two. PHEW.
The yellow onions flopped over about a week ago, so I dug them up last night. They weren't much larger than when I planted them. I tossed them into the compost.
The potatoes flopped over last week and the vines almost died back, so I dug all 5 of those too. From 5 large seed potatoes I got 8 quarter sized potatoes. :barnie
What a weird year.
SO, I'm down to grapes, tomatoes, and horseradish, and candy onions, which I don't have a lot of hope for either.
Definitely a weird year. Most of my zucchini are dying halfway through their growth. The others are growing bigger than my forearm overnight. No in between. Just weird...

I've pretty much given up on the peppers which is OK cause I had a bumper crop last year.

Already talked about my potatoes, onions, and garlic. A few nice sized ones but 90% of them were small and pitiful.

And I'm STILL waiting for tomatoes to ripen. They are taking their sweet time.

where we planted ours just happened to be an area where the utilities are underground (I know we weren't thinking 3 years ago)...and they've dug up 3 times in past year so they got berries on em and are literally turning brown the whole bushes 😔
Maybe you can start over and just plant some new bushes elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom