What did you do in the garden today?

I found them during "peak pandemic boredom" lol. I like their bulb stuff and all the herb seeds I bought from them this year popped up. Though I will admit a long running love of baker creek. They have yet to fail me with seeds and there are always some odd ones too lol.

I too love Baker Creek but I'm always looking for more options! They've been selling out of seeds a lot lately.

A company I am not happy with is The Park Seed Company. I bought horseradish and rhubarb plants from them and got not one to grow.

I bought some horseradish off of Ebay and it took off like a rocket. So, it's not me.
My husband got me a rhubarb plant from an Amish lady, and it's growing great too.

A company I am not happy with is The Park Seed Company. I bought horseradish and rhubarb plants from them and got not one to grow.

I bought some horseradish off of Ebay and it took off like a rocket. So, it's not me.
My husband got me a rhubarb plant from an Amish lady, and it's growing great too.

That's such a huge bummer! I ordered some seeds from HRseeds and I was so bummed that almost none of them germinated. The two plants that grew without issues weren't even true to seed. It was extremely disappointing.
I mean, I planted every single seed in those packages and planted seeds from other sources next to them with zero issues. It was 100% the fault of those seeds.

That's such a huge bummer! I ordered some seeds from HRseeds and I was so bummed that almost none of them germinated. The two plants that grew without issues weren't even true to seed. It was extremely disappointing.
I mean, I planted every single seed in those packages and planted seeds from other sources next to them with zero issues. It was 100% the fault of those seeds.
I'll have to avoid them too then.
I ordered a bunch of seed from Gurney's and Baker's Creek, like usual, but you are right Baker's Creek was out of some things I wanted so I put my email in for them to notify me whenever they get more in, on at least 5 things.
Also, one year I grew a different kind of expensive sweet corn, and it did not come up very well at all. I mean some came up, but it was not a great amount. I told Gurneys and they refunded all my money I paid for it.

I'll have to avoid them too then.
I ordered a bunch of seed from Gurney's and Baker's Creek, like usual, but you are right Baker's Creek was out of some things I wanted so I put my email in for them to notify me whenever they get more in, on at least 5 things.
Also, one year I grew a different kind of expensive sweet corn, and it did not come up very well at all. I mean some came up, but it was not a great amount. I told Gurneys and they refunded all my money I paid for it.

My go to seeds companies are usually:
Baker Creek
MIGardener
Trade Winds Fruit
Mary's Heirloom Seeds

Pinetree Seeds was ok, but some duds.
I'm usually happy with Southern Exposure too but I have had some flops with their seeds a few times that I couldn't determine whether it was me or the seeds.

Evening all. Got my token okra pods and an egg today. We had a thunderstorm outflow fueled sandstorm. Winds up somewhere between 40 and 60, but no rain. Not a drop. The storm must have been collapsing because it petered out after sandblasting us. It was miserably hot today too. I'm beat, goodnight all!

(DH home tomorrow, building nest boxes)

Evening all. Got my token okra pods and an egg today. We had a thunderstorm outflow fueled sandstorm. Winds up somewhere between 40 and 60, but no rain. Not a drop. The storm must have been collapsing because it petered out after sandblasting us. It was miserably hot today too. I'm beat, goodnight all!

(DH home tomorrow, building nest boxes)

Well that sounds terrible!

Hey I wish I had planted garlic n I didnt...so got to lookin n had no idea there are so many varieties of garlic!
Is there a "go to" that yall have of variety and a place you get em from?
Some places are already sold out from people pre-ordering!
Two years ago I ordered garlic, thrn company emailed to say “oops, sorry crop failure-we can’t send any”. Hmmm…I had ordered 3 varieties….it was too late to order from anywhere else.

So, this past Dec, I ordered from 2 sources since lower likelihood of a crop failure of my entire order. I got spring shipped “Early Italian” which I planted in March and Harvested heads in early July. Then I should be getting “music” garlic this fall, both from John Scheepers Kitchen garden seeds. I also ordered bulblets from Sandhill preservation - much cheaper and several varieties. But, may not get heads from everything since these usually produce large single cloves the first harvest, cure, than fall plant the cured clove. Some look like they may have produced a head, actually!

Right there with you. This is miserable.
Putting the hens away, I was sweating like mad, then broke out in a burning all over (not raised rash) Like someone had poured acid on my face and arms, which made me nuts, which started up the anxiety.
It took me HOURS to figure out I was COVERED in corn pollen (yep allergic to)
Shower and burning has stopped. Now I need to get the anxiety under controll. :Grumble:
DH said the German tomatoes are amazing. They SMELLED like tomatoes. Nothing like it on earth.
I'm right there with you. I pulled all the corn stalks out yesterday and I broke out in a very angry burning rash all over my arms. I had to shower because I was so sweaty but also to calm my skin. The insides of my wrists were so bad that I actually put some mometasone furoate on them which helps tremendously.

Hey I wish I had planted garlic n I didnt...so got to lookin n had no idea there are so many varieties of garlic!
Is there a "go to" that yall have of variety and a place you get em from?
Some places are already sold out from people pre-ordering!
I simply picked up some organic garlic at the store and planted it. I've done both white and purple garlic. It's worked well for me for the past 2 years... And cheaper than buying online.

Back
Top Bottom