What did you do in the garden today?

My neighbor from LA (Louisiana) said that he’d eat them out of the ground too (raw). But every place I’ve looked up info instructs to cure them -this is partly to increase their ability to store well as they will heal minor scratches and toughen the skin enough to be handled without few issues.

They will certainly not grow year after year here, on their own…it can get down to the negatives teens in the winter!!

I’m excited to experience growing sweet potatoes bc it will be a new experience. But, with about 80 slips growing…I’m going to have to figure out sone room for curing and storage.
pressure can them or dehydrate them :p

Lol it'll always be the dillo they carry leprosy and other diseases so I have no problem camping out for him/ her. I've been gardening a while but never in the south so it's good to know I can't scare them off.

esturtz27

OK, they CAN carry leprosy, among other diseases such as anthrax, a much more prevalent disease in the wild. So can most other wild and domesticated animals. Not a myth but not a menace either.You have a better chance of being killed in an auto accident than dieing from leprosy after eating a Dillo, much less slight contact. Doesn't stop you from drivin though, does it?

Last edited:

esturtz27

OK, they CAN carry leprosy, among other diseases such as anthrax, a much more prevalent disease in the wild. So can most other wild and domesticated animals. Not a myth but not a menace either.You have a better chance of being killed in an auto accident than dieing from leprosy after eating a Dillo, much less slight contact. Doesn't stop you from drivin though, does it?
I mean I've almost died in a car accident soooo my broken face and femur did stop me for about 4 years...but I get what you are saying.

I'm super vaccinated for anthrax so no worries there lol

57F?! I'm so jealous right now, lol.
This is what a "cool" week looks like for us right now in the middle of summer. All that rain is the only thing keeping it down.

View attachment 3185849
I'm jealous... I wish OUR Temps looked like that... Here's the next 10 days for us (after a month and a half of NO RAIN, mind you...) and this doesn't account for heat index so it will actually be much hotter than these numbers.

Screenshot_20220714-181618_WeatherBug.jpg

I bought a bunch of seeds already. ☺️ I just have maybe a couple more to buy that they were out of.
I also bought all of my boys' schoolbooks for the next school year. I was pleasantly surprised that I only had to shell out $300 instead of the usual $600. But then I remember that I'm paying $700 month for my son's college tuition, so I guess I'm no better off really.
A beautiful flower is growing in my old rose bed. I didn't plant it. :confused:It's company with my Acorn Squash plants for now. :D

Back
Top Bottom