What did you do in the garden today?

I worked on pruning and trellising up tomatoes today... I think I got 3 done. This bed has two rows of tomatoes, and I planted them too close because they are much smaller than the other row in a different bed. I hope to get that done tomorrow, but we will see... I do have other chores to get done (like moving the ground cherries to somewhere that is protected, digging out brambles that are trying to move into the yard, dishes, straightening up the house for company on Saturday....). If nothing else, I need to feed the tomatoes, and hill the potatoes. At least one potato plant has flower buds, so I'm excited to see what those look like! Those potato plants are going crazy!! And I have at least 1 baby watermelon to look forward to!

This is what I planted and just harvested, I bought some more. I'm not sure how it tastes yet because I haven't gotten a chance to eat some. @Gammas Bearded Babies
https://www.gurneys.com/product/garlic-purple-glazer
1657852156957.png

I'm jealous... I wish OUR Temps looked like that... Here's the next 10 days for us (after a month and a half of NO RAIN, mind you...) and this doesn't account for heat index so it will actually be much hotter than these numbers.

View attachment 3186413

That's what ours looked like right before it started raining. It's so humid here that our heat index is always sweltering. It's like living in a sauna!

Hey I wish I had planted garlic n I didnt...so got to lookin n had no idea there are so many varieties of garlic!
Is there a "go to" that yall have of variety and a place you get em from?
Some places are already sold out from people pre-ordering!
I'm growing 2 soft neck- Cali Early, and Spanish Roja. One hardneck- Italian red. They are coming in a combo pack from urban farmer (ufseeds.com) they still have a good amount of garlic left on pre order. I had decent luck with their bulbs last year too.

I'm jealous... I wish OUR Temps looked like that... Here's the next 10 days for us (after a month and a half of NO RAIN, mind you...) and this doesn't account for heat index so it will actually be much hotter than these numbers.

View attachment 3186413
Right there with you. This is miserable.
Putting the hens away, I was sweating like mad, then broke out in a burning all over (not raised rash) Like someone had poured acid on my face and arms, which made me nuts, which started up the anxiety.
It took me HOURS to figure out I was COVERED in corn pollen (yep allergic to)
Shower and burning has stopped. Now I need to get the anxiety under controll. :Grumble:
DH said the German tomatoes are amazing. They SMELLED like tomatoes. Nothing like it on earth.

Hey I wish I had planted garlic n I didnt...so got to lookin n had no idea there are so many varieties of garlic!
Is there a "go to" that yall have of variety and a place you get em from?
Some places are already sold out from people pre-ordering!

Just make sure you pick a garlic that will work well in your growing zone. Hardneck varieties are usually better up north as softneck in the south. Elephant garlic, though technically not garlic, is a favorite for my zone. They tolerate our warm climate better.

I'm growing 2 soft neck- Cali Early, and Spanish Roja. One hardneck- Italian red. They are coming in a combo pack from urban farmer (ufseeds.com) they still have a good amount of garlic left on pre order. I had decent luck with their bulbs last year too.

I don't think I've ever heard of ufseeds before. I'll definitely check them out! Thank you for sharing!

I don't think I've ever heard of ufseeds before. I'll definitely check them out! Thank you for sharing!
I found them during "peak pandemic boredom" lol. I like their bulb stuff and all the herb seeds I bought from them this year popped up. Though I will admit a long running love of baker creek. They have yet to fail me with seeds and there are always some odd ones too lol.

Back
Top Bottom