What did you do in the garden today?

I have several who are molting too. 🙄
I am so thankful to hear this. I have one pullet (hatched in early March) who decided as her first full molt to do it right now since the weather is cold and rainy. As a new chicken mama, I thought I would check with backyard chicken to see if I should panic. But reading this, I feel I can relax some. Anything I can do to help the situation?

I am so thankful to hear this. I have one pullet (hatched in early March) who decided as her first full molt to do it right now since the weather is cold and rainy. As a new chicken mama, I thought I would check with backyard chicken to see if I should panic. But reading this, I feel I can relax some. Anything I can do to help the situation?
Pop some popcorn and pull up a chair. Nope, nothing you can do. They'll grow in when they grow in. You can up her protein feed supply if you want, but they'll only grow as fast as they can grow.
The only time I've brought mine into the workshop into a cage, was when they molted and we were hit with 10'F for three nights in a row, and I caught a couple of the shivering. I caught the little pin cushions and kept them in for three days, then back out they went.

I've also got a feather puller. She's pulling out back and tail feathers of others, but I cannot figure out who it is. If I could, they'd be GONE. So I have some naked-ish NON molting birds, sigh.

Hey everybody! Happy belated Thanksgiving. Its been a while... a loooong time actually. I'm still harvesting carrots here though. There's some garlic that popped up recently, it must be bulbs I missed when harvesting. I need to plant garlic for next year still. I need to get on that right away.

wellcome back! I hope you and your family are fine.

Lots o protein... I give mine some black oil sunflower seeds to help speed up the feather growth. Not sure if it really works but all my girls have soft, shiny coats right now so I must be doing something right. 😂

I am currently suffering through a flareup of shingles. On a good day I'd rather eat a bar of soap than rake.

and I am jealous you have leaves, lol. in my climate leaves are a dream.

btw, 8 years ago I put minced garlic on shingles. within 3 days they started to vanish, within 2 weeks they were gone. never returned.

Back
Top Bottom