What did you do in the garden today?

Katana is a Beefsteak tomato hybrid variety so I would think that your plants will do well without requiring any pruning but sometimes it does help to remove any/all decaying or yellowing leaves…As well as any other leaves that are in the way of your flowers to encourage better growth.
I solved my dilemma, I found a 8ft cattle wire cage that I made long ago and forgot about it. It fits around my Katana tomato container. I secured it with a 5ft fence peg. Now I can let the plant run wild with out removing any suckers. I wonder if my other two indeterminate plants will produce more fruit on a single vine?

It was scary windy last night, the wind kept knocking over my container fruit trees. However, I notice that 3 of my 2 gallon mango tree pots didn't tip over because they grew large roots in the ground.

I decided to dig one up and upsize to an over due 5 gallon pot. It was a pain to get the plastic 2 gallon off the plant, it took me all morning. My goal for the day is to mix up some potting mix and get this mango tree planted in the pot.

I will upsize to a 25 gallon container after it out grows the 5 gallon pot. It should be able to fruit in the 5 gallon pot, but I cut off most of its braches, so it will probably fruit next year.

Last edited:
OMG look their chubby little cheeks! I ordered three chicks but Cackle sent four. They’re in the little coop with a cozy place to sleep, although a couple are out and about and enjoying a warm patch of Sun.
FF0B10A2-3E65-4640-BEA4-DDB2AB97EBD6.jpeg
0579BEEA-EC8B-40A2-AFAA-B2040AA73234.jpeg
5ADCA36F-4200-416A-9F02-02996FCD17A8.jpeg
F14DA404-920F-447B-B9FF-C7FA411078F5.jpeg

I solved my dilemma, I found a 8ft cattle wire cage that I made long ago and forgot about it. It fits around my Katana tomato container. I secured it with a 5ft fence peg. Now I can let the plant run wild with out removing any suckers. I wonder if my other two indeterminate plants will produce more fruit on a single vine?
👍🏼

Removing any excess growth from the plants will provide more energy toward making fruits so if they start to look kinda bushy with less flowers then that’s when you want to prune them back a bit.

Back
Top Bottom