What did you do in the garden today?

I don’t take aspirin or any pharma drugs for that matter. I wonder if it’s just an ingredient in them? I didn’t watch the video yet. I wouldn’t want harmful stuff in my food or soil.
Have you tried this?
I ordered some uncoated generic aspirin on Amazon and there were a couple of comments made by people that bought this that made me buy it. They said they diluted 2 tablets per gallon of water and used it on their tomato plants and it made a big difference for them.

Be

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect uncoated aspirin for tomato plant’s health
Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2022
Verified Purchase
After blending 600g of HealthA2Z Aspirin 325mg in 1 cup of water and diluting this in a gallon container, I sprayed it on my tomato vines. Wow, healthy, proliferate and delicious tomatoes!!! I understand aspirin is good in laundry too so that's my next research. For the money, these uncoated aspirins are definitely worth it.

Morning Gardeners. I have been making noodles the eggs are the biggest difference.
I admit I am mostly lazy.
I will make noodles now and then.
I prefer saimin noodles. I dilute 1/4 teaspoon of baked dried baking soda in 1/4 cup of water and sprinkle it on my 1 cup flour and 1 egg mix until the dough forms . Its tricky because the dough is kind of dry. If it is too wet it will stick to the noodle machine.

They sell already made asian lye water online https://www.amazon.com/Potassium-Ca...e+water&qid=1675974868&sr=8-2#customerReviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for authentic ramen or Chinese noodles
Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2022
Verified Purchase
Ramen noodle ingredients for 2 people:
125 g flour (all purpose if fine)
2.5 g lye water
1 g salt
50 g water

Steps:
Dissolve lye water and salt in water. Slowly pour into flour while mixing with chopsticks, minimizing clumps. It should look dry and not smooth. Do not add additional water. Place in a plastic bag. Let rise for 30 min. Knead into smooth dough. Let rise for 30 min.

I use my Mercato atlas pasta machine. Roll dough thin enough to fit into size 0. Continue feeding dough into machine until size 6. Cut into 3 pieces (I prefer shorter noodles). Rub pieces with corn starch. Use spaghetti cutter to form noodles.

Noodles can be left in the fridge for a day or two before using. They can also be frozen for a few months.

The lye water makes a huge difference. This bottle is going to last a long time (unless you make noodles everyday). Definitely worth the purchase.
Read less

Last edited:
5EADE8A6-4911-4534-B2D7-25667AB31935.png
does @WthrLady's post look like this to anyone else?

A little tip when making pasta dough for the first few times, or when you want the easy way @The Truth Is Out There, put all the ingredients in a food processor (don't add all the liquid right away). Just pulse the FP a couple of times then check to see if the dough is coming together. Add more liquid if necessary. Also note, pasta dough is a little tougher to knead than bread dough so enjoy the work out. There are a lot of chicken keepers that make their own noodles simply because it's a good way to use extra eggs. And they do taste like a totally different food group than store bought pasta. When you get good at making wheat flour noodles you can try making rice noodles.

A little tip when making pasta dough for the first few times, or when you want the easy way @The Truth Is Out There, put all the ingredients in a food processor (don't add all the liquid right away). Just pulse the FP a couple of times then check to see if the dough is coming together. Add more liquid if necessary. Also note, pasta dough is a little tougher to knead than bread dough so enjoy the work out. There are a lot of chicken keepers that make their own noodles simply because it's a good way to use extra eggs. And they do taste like a totally different food group than store bought pasta. When you get good at making wheat flour noodles you can try making rice noodles.
I will be buying a food processor this month! :0)
Jamie’s 15 min meals and 30 min meals is what made me decide I NEED one! It’s been two years since I wanted one and I decided it’s mandatory. So I told my husband it’s my valentines gift!
Haha
Thank you for the tip!!!!!! <3

We make homemade pasta here once in a while. I like homemade ravioli - riccotta based filling is good, but we also make pumpkin or squash based filling with garden harvests in the fall.

You're absolutely right about the dough being harder to knead. Pasta dough is drier than expected to first timers. The eating period for the dough before kneading is important to allow the flour to absorb the little bit of moisture that you add. A slightly lower work surface helps with kneading I find as it allows greater use of the shoulder muscles rather than just triceps and forearms. Kitchen counters can be a bit high.

Back
Top Bottom