What did you do in the garden today?

That itch has been scratched.
20230209_113725.jpg

I will!!
Any advice on a recipe?
I wing it, but that's 40 some years of cooking behind me. (Caps are a pain on my cell, so forgive for the lack of)
I tend to use 2 cups of flour (I use whole wheat, but sister uses regular white)
2 eggs
1t salt
and then 2-4 Tablespoons of whatever liquid you want; water, milk, puree
start with 2 and then add if you need it
you can also add parsley, rosemary, pretty much anything you want
---
mix the dough until it comes together and then knead it until it's fairly smooth- think playdoh that has been out of the container for about 15 minutes - it holds together, is smooth, but can be a tad dry, but not crumbly

wrap and let rest for at least an hour.

Then, here's the mistake most people make, you have to fully knead the dough until it is smooth and flexible, dust with flour as needed-think soft wonderful playdoh, fresh from the tube
roll and cut or cut into large dumpling squares, or just wild random shapes.
You can dump right into simmering stock/soup
or dry it and use later in the day, or freeze it
when I have left over I toss extra in the dehydrator and then toss it in a jar when it is cured.

I wing it, but that's 40 some years of cooking behind me. (Caps are a pain on my cell, so forgive for the lack of)
I tend to use 2 cups of flour (I use whole wheat, but sister uses regular white)
2 eggs
1t salt
and then 2-4 Tablespoons of whatever liquid you want; water, milk, puree
start with 2 and then add if you need it
you can also add parsley, rosemary, pretty much anything you want
---
mix the dough until it comes together and then knead it until it's fairly smooth
wrap and let rest for at least an hour.
Then, here's the mistake most people make, you have to fully knead the dough until it is smooth and flexible, dust with flour as needed, then roll and cut or cut into large dumpling squares, or just wild random shapes.
You can dump right into simmering stock/soup
or dry it and use later in the day, or freeze it
when I have left over I toss extra in the dehydrator and then toss it in a jar when it is cured.
This is so easy! I need to do this soon! I’m going to message you so that when I do decide to do it I can show you!
My soon is probably months though.
Thank you!

Today I came across scientific evidence that aspirin is beneficial to tomato plants and it can help increase the yield.

I don’t take aspirin or any pharma drugs for that matter. I wonder if it’s just an ingredient in them? I didn’t watch the video yet. I wouldn’t want harmful stuff in my food or soil.
Have you tried this?

Back
Top Bottom