What did you do in the garden today?

Not much happening here either. The temperatures are above freezing and the snow / ice cover is continuing to melt. We're expecting a few scattered showers today and temps warming up overnight. DD put in the latest seed order yesterday from Pinetree Seeds (superseeds.com). These were onions, shallots, seedless cucumber and some heirloom San Marzano tomato seeds. If for nothing else I would recommend them because of their low shipping rates. I'm hoping the SM's work out well so I can start saving seeds. That's one of my goals for the end of this planting season. A side note on the new plastic starter domes: they don't need much added moisture. Even with the vents fully open they are still super wet inside. I'm sure I added too much water when I planted the seeds. Hoping to get it to a little drier level. Do the heat mats increase the moisture level?

Last edited:
@BReeder! coir mats are what those liners of made of
I find the best deal on them at the Dollar General of all places.
They also use spagnum moss, which can be SOMETIMES purchased at the big bog hardware stores. They don't always carry it, even year to year.
You CAN find it at the craft stores Hobby Lobby JoAnns and the like, but it's NOT cheap there.
======
Turned my head last night reaching for the skillet and a crystal shifted in my inner ear and spent the whole of last night with vertigo. Does NOT happen often, but I DO NOT like it.
4.5 hours later I got it to shift to where it's not a problem, but grrrrr
Today, I'm just hanging out at home anyway, cold, windy, and managed all the chores just fine.

If you want some noodle making eye candy, check out this woman's work space and the orchard dry stone wall her husband is making.

Hens are enjoying the lentils. Rooster acts as if he not only found them, but he shopped for them, and sprouted them too!

Chia still going strong.
Have a great day all.
This was the best video with no dialogue ever!!
Thank you for sharing!!

THey have MANY. Mandarin marmalade...can you EVEN imagine how amazing that kitchen smelled for that?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing!!
And I thought... that is what I use to cook!!
I love her kitchen!! I would live this way!
My husband is not a farmer though. A hunter. Not a farmer.
All her bowls and pitchers etc... I want them! Even her island is genius! I might attempt to convince my husband to build one of those one day. Though that depends on the house we buy.

Won't lie. I now have a blob of noodle dough resting on the counter, Chicken noodle soup for supper. (Maybe buttered noodles for lunch, LOL)
Noodles are something I have not tried to make yet!
I need to! It’s too bad I live in RI and the only people I’d want to hang out with are online!!! And I bet I’m not the only one who feels that way!

Back
Top Bottom