What did you do in the garden today?

Our stupidly large garage is now all clean for the sale.
A....n...d......I've killed another vacuum. Dang it.
My old dyson lasted 22 years,,,twenty -two YEARS! This one lasted 16 months. GRRRR. and I don't have pets and we're not messy people, nor have children in the house.

Down to 42 last night, tomatoes are still in the greenhouse.

Next on the list is to clean out the back of my farm utility truck, which is my mobile office. LOL. It's jammed full from an already busy spring.

My old dyson lasted 22 years,,,twenty -two YEARS! This one lasted 16 months. GRRRR. and I don't have pets and we're not messy people, nor have children in the house.

Next on the list is to clean out the back of my farm utility truck, which is my mobile office. LOL. It's jammed full from an already busy spring.
Don’t you have a 2 year warranty?
Then you get a new one for free.

I've learned the hard way to put up fencing or put everything in a raised bed. Mine cannot be trusted not to mow over something. 🙄
Same. Mine just killed all my morning glory vines that I grow on the fence with weed killer. :mad: He knows I hate that stuff, we don't argue much but that is one thing we disagree about. So he sneaks around with it while I'm not looking. Like I can't tell where it's been sprayed. :lau
PSA: Rhubarb Weevil
View attachment 3512302

At first -before ID, I was excited..maybe a new beneficial insect. But, no. It causes the dried long cracks in the rhubarb stems.

So, now off to find and kill it. Yes, it’s photographed on a rhubarb stem.
OMG, who knew! This makes me mad, lol.
My yard/ garden is my stress reliever
I totally agree, it's my peaceful place.

@Wee Farmer Sarah I'm enjoying the rainy day, cooking soup with all the windows open. Rest up, going to be super nice tomorrow!

They don't make ANYTHING with longevity like they used to. I have a Dyson. I do have pets that shed enough hair to make dust bunnies come alive. We sweep every single day. Our Dyson had an engine issue last month. It's 3 yrs old. Called Dyson. They had me ship it to them and they fixed it for free. Since I couldn't be without a vacuum, we went to Target and bought $125 Hoover. The Hoover didn't last the week. Piece of garbage.

Garage is clean.
Utility vehicle is clean.
4 new trees have been watered.
Greenhouse tended to.
Installed hooks for the Memorial Day Bunting.
Painted more garden ID rocks.

One new tree was munched by a deer, the cage isn't large enough. I have sprayed it with deer away, a lovely combination of mint and coyote urine. That should last until I can get/build a larger cage this week.

Taking a break before I go back out and put up the shade cloths for the garden. It's early, but the weather outside is fabulous, so today it is.

Remaining on the list is putting my shop tools away, cleaning the shop bathroom for the shearing team, cleaning the shop, cleaning the barn, and clearing the old spilled winter hay from the corral. But NOT today......tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom