What did you do in the garden today?

A few supplements help me, turmeric, tart cherry, etc. Been rubbing castor oil on after shower b4 bed for over a week. I skipped a day just to see if there was a difference & there actually was more achy stiffness when I did the morning stretches to get mobile for the day. Does it really work or is it the act of rubbing it on, like a mini massage, that is what's helping? All I know is I feel better than I did so I'm keeping it up. Skin isn't as dry either. Give it a try.

I get some thick castor oil in my palm & mix a Lavender or coconut lotion with it to make it easier to smooth on. I have a swelling above the knee bad, knee pain all down both sides of knee, ice packs help but I swear the rubbing on of this mixture made the swelling almost disappear. I have a meniscus issue, already had surgery 2009 & now it's back, so this castor oil has been my mini miracle. I need to work, sometimes wearing knee pads to paint shoe mold or install flooring, pull weeds & garden with my flock which I love to do...I cannot have that knee affecting my lifestyle, so I am loving castor oil these says.
View attachment 3777728
I'm also using castor oil on my joints and few wounds that are dragging on - there is a definite increase in healing of the wounds.

30 Outstanding Castor Oil Uses and Benefits

If the vegetables are making you gassy, then they are likely doing good things for your body.
Oh my, then I'm golden! LOTS of foods, veg included, make me gassy.
But I live alone so that’s ok.
Hubby is tolerant of my gassiness. As I told him, "You know what happens if you don't fart? You explode!" :lau
Marigolds are definitely a favorite of mine too
Marigolds helped a lot with my tomatoes, keeping soldier beetles away. The flowers seem to be a "trap crop" for Japanese Beetles too. Since I harvest those for the chickens, that's a help for me.
Chiropractor said sacrum was out and adjusted, pain was gone.
My chiropractor has helped me immensely.

Looks like a Hyacinth to me.

Yes, that is a hyacinth. They smell lovely! The bulb is about the size of a fist.

Here's something my mom taught me about 55 (!) years ago. If you want to pick them, pull the stem straight up.

Are anti-inflammatory?? Going to have some with lunch today!
Thank you all for identifying my flower. Now I'm going to have to go outside, squat down and give it a sniff to see if I can detect the lovely smell. LOL

Update: The hyacinth flowers smell pretty good.

Last edited:
Progress report from our garden: halfway there and feeling optimistic! 🌱 After last year's soil struggles, we're revamping with raised beds crafted from concrete blocks and top-notch soil from a nearby supplier.

💪 Dealing with a bout of sickness, but still managing to push forward with the help of this amazing partner! 🌿
FB_IMG_1711065831794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom