What did you do in the garden today?

We have to get more soil from our dirt dealer. It's Sunday so not sure if he will be available. Otherwise, we are due two days of rain, so I may not get much done this week. Slogging through mud to move 40 pound cinderblocks kinda sux.

I'm also still sick. Not flu or covid says the ER, but it's got me whipped. I'm barely able to get the seeds in the ground. The chickens miss me too. Thankfully, our son comes over every morning and scoops the coop poop boards for us.

We have to get more soil from our dirt dealer. It's Sunday so not sure if he will be available. Otherwise, we are due two days of rain, so I may not get much done this week. Slogging through mud to move 40 pound cinderblocks kinda sux.

I'm also still sick. Not flu or covid says the ER, but it's got me whipped. I'm barely able to get the seeds in the ground. The chickens miss me too. Thankfully, our son comes over every morning and scoops the coop poop boards for us.
Hope you feel better soon. It sucks when the mind has all these ideas of stuff you wanna do, but the body says nope, not right now. 😕 If you rest & take care now, though, you'll feel better for doing that later on. 🌼

learned to make kombucha. We love the stuff so I keep a 2 gallon container working all the time now.
I make batches, usually 3 gallons at a time, every two weeks. I bottle and do a secondary ferment, mixing in 1/4 cup sour cherry juice per bottle. Love that stuff. I can drink all of it by myself, too; hubby is not a fan.

I make batches, usually 3 gallons at a time, every two weeks. I bottle and do a secondary ferment, mixing in 1/4 cup sour cherry juice per bottle. Love that stuff. I can drink all of it by myself, too; hubby is not a fan.
It's very healthy, but definitely an acquired taste. I like sauerkraut. I haven't tried many kombuchas, but one I did try was in a bottle at the grocery store. It was not good. I imagine you can make your own with varied flavors. You use the cherry juice? Id like to try your recipe. Probably alot better than that grocery store stuff! I'm going to Google some info & flavors. I love all things pickled & love the sauerkraut so there has to be kombucha to appeal to my taste buds.

Hope you feel better soon. It sucks when the mind has all these ideas of stuff you wanna do, but the body says nope, not right now. 😕 If you rest & take care now, though, you'll feel better for doing that later on. 🌼
Thank you. Yep. I've been sick for two weeks now. I'm ready to be doing

Thank you. Yep. I've been sick for two weeks now. I'm ready to be doing
I get it. Worse summer of my life I was half dead from chemo, heard all of the lawn mowers, motorcycles & summer music, laughter, life going on outside in the sunshine, and I barely had the energy to drag myself from bed to bathroom to be sick. I was So Grateful when I felt well enough to get my little garden bench, just to pull a few weeds, pick fresh raspberries to eat & see the Marigolds blooming so well. It sucks now, but when we get the crappy times behind us, life seems sweeter. 🍓

I haven't tried bottling it yet, I keep the finished stuff in the fridge in an iced tea decanter and we add fruit juice to our glasses. I've used Earl Gray and Chai tea for the base.

Back
Top Bottom