What did you do in the garden today?

I am 5 days into making my sour dough starter and instead of throwing out the discard I made a sour dough bread. I used my dough mixer, and I let the dough rest for about an hour. Then I stretched my dough in the bowl 3 times at 30-minute intervals. Then I put it in a glass bowl with a cover and cooked it at 480F for 20 minutes and took the bread out of the bowl and cooked it for another 25 minutes at 450F. This is how it turned out, but I don't know how it taste yet.
DSCN0378.JPG

I am 5 days into making my sour dough starter and instead of throwing out the discard I made a sour dough bread. I used my dough mixer, and I let the dough rest for about an hour. Then I stretched my dough in the bowl 3 times at 30-minute intervals. Then I put it in a glass bowl with a cover and cooked it at 480F for 20 minutes and took the bread out of the bowl and cooked it for another 25 minutes at 450F. This is how it turned out, but I don't know how it taste yet.
View attachment 3834679
Yay, it tastes like sour dough bread, I am impressed.

Ducks completely ruined our new flowerbed we were trying to make! :he

Our chickens are kind pure-hearted souls who will use them to poop and such to help fertilize and further boost the progress. They will get rid of all those pesky destroyers of the flowers and get rid of small snakes around them.

Our DUCKS on the other hand are evil and cruel, If you gave them a cup of water and ask them to save half they would break the cup in half instead. They are evil despicable and horrendous, they are a threat to all of humanity and completely destroyed the flowerbeds and uproot the flowers and eat the earthworms and stomp on sprouts and bury their FAT beaks into the soil and eat the seeds and anything helping it grow.

Okay I am done with my rant.

what breed of ducks do you have? I've heard that khaki campbell ducks don't ruin garden.

The medium, and I think the large, need their own 15Amp, with nothing else running on it-20Amp is even better, but most don't have those kicking back, relaxing in disuse.
AND the room, when it's running needs to stay below 72'F.
Those two things are tripping people up.
Very good information to know, thank you!

Our basement is the only room that would qualify for reliably being under 72 degrees in the summer when I'd have produce to FD. It can be damp down there; enough to run a dehumidifier at times. Does a freeze dryer make a room more humid?

Back
Top Bottom