What did you do in the garden today?

DSCN0747.JPG
Here is my seed summer squash . A breeding project for boer resitance . No boer damage this year or last . Time to cross in zuke again next year

Went to Kmart, got terrific clearance deals. I got a window box to grow stuff in for the chickens, and lots of shorts and tshirts to work in for $1.50 each! Seeds were $0.99 pkg.
Even got clear roofing panels cheap at Lowes , $11.00 for a 12 foot panel! And oops paint. Busy buying stuff to build my hoop coop.

So sad KMart went belly up. Ours closed after 35 years in the same location.
Garden is winding down some. But turnips are up.....should be great by December. Folks around here seed turnips for winter grazing.....but we love them!

I am getting miniature goats, they are so darned cute! Only 6 of them , lol, husband does not want 100 again. :lau. Of course, the babies will be too cute to sell... :cool:
Name the babies dinner, lunch, milk, butter....so you don't get attached. And you could learn to make goat milk soap.

So sad KMart went belly up. Ours closed after 35 years in the same location.
Garden is winding down some. But turnips are up.....should be great by December. Folks around here seed turnips for winter grazing.....but we love them!

Name the babies dinner, lunch, milk, butter....so you don't get attached. And you could learn to make goat milk soap.
I always wanted to make goats milk soap, but was too busy caring for all my goats, rabbits, chickens, quail, and pigs to do that! I do know how to make soap but have not done it in years.

WOW never hear of a kmart closing that would be a sight we have to go another 30 miles to find a lowes not many of those left around here

Pretty soon most stuff will have to be purchased online.
It's so irritating. Some of the stock at the shops isn't there. For example, I go into Officeworks (sells office supplies, computers, stuff like that) and there'll be a ticket on the shelf "order this online". You're a shop, why can't you sell it to me? I want it now, not in 2 weeks..... shakes angry fist. :D

I have to admit I shop online. It's nice when the brick and mortar are a bit of a drive and the store doesn't always have what you want. Free shipping too.
I try to shop local small businesses first, but sometimes the prices are crazy!! I could pay $35 for 40 lbs of chicken feed, or go to a big box store and get 80 lbs of the same feed for $42!
Today I'm covering part of the doorway on a wire dog crate with chicken wire so only the littles can get in and we are moving them to the big coop this weekend. I'll rake up the poop in their run and add to the litter in their coop and dump in the compost. Tear down should be pretty quick. Work tomorrow. Have a good day guys.

Back
Top Bottom