What did you do in the garden today?

how very cool that is.. why is it you cannot get jewel weed now?

Cause it's pretty much done with it's season by mid Aug. I really need to pay more attention to that, and make my salve in July, when the JW is at it's prime. It is a difficult plant to grow b/c the seed requires double stratification. But, I can find it growing wild here and there. It likes a fairly moist seed bed, grows in ditches and unkept areas. Unfortunately, none growing on my property. I've also read that Yarrow is a good "skin" herb. So, will be looking to find some of that growing wild next season. I may have some in back yard, but have not seen it in blossom cause it keeps getting mowed, so can't positively ID it. Hubby and I are incompatible. (in the yard) He mows. I grow.

Please everyone, be careful when making your own products at home. Any plants, including their essential oils, can cause a reaction if a person is allergic or prone to sensitivity. For instance, I can smell lavender all day long, but if I touch it I break out in hives.
I didn't know I was allergic to lavender and I had a bad reaction that sent me to the hospital. Do a sensitivity test before you slather your body with all that homemade goodness!

Please everyone, be careful when making your own products at home. Any plants, including their essential oils, can cause a reaction if a person is allergic or prone to sensitivity. For instance, I can smell lavender all day long, but if I touch it I break out in hives.
I didn't know I was allergic to lavender and I had a bad reaction that sent me to the hospital. Do a sensitivity test before you slather your body with all that homemade goodness!

This also goes for store bought products as well.

Back
Top Bottom