What did you do in the garden today?

90 degrees today in central florida,not cool even after the hurricane. Lil sprouts are poppin up in my containers after two weeks of planting leftover seedpacks.Tomatoes,chard,spinach,basil,lemon,kale,lavender,chives now just got to keep the hens outta them.
1f602.png

Last edited:
​1. You still have tomatoes growing?! Mine finished about ten days ago. I miss them already lol. What zone are you in?
2. How hard are the tomatillos to grow? I was thinking of adding them to my garden next year but I'm wondering if they're very picky or require a lot of care to do well.

I have a group on facebook if you facebook about growing "Sunflowers & Edibles" (a paperli too)
And cooking what you grow "Southern Homemade Style"

First frost will be hitting very soon - brought all my garden decorations & windchimes inside. Only things still blooming - a couple of hostas and one tiny piece of a hardy mum that made it through the winter.

First frost will be hitting very soon - brought all my garden decorations & windchimes inside. Only things still blooming - a couple of hostas and one tiny piece of a hardy mum that made it through the winter.

I felt the chill in the air yesterday morning and had my DH help me to bring in all our plants (including my pineapple plant) that were still outdoors. My house isn't very sunny due to tinted windows, so I've bought a bulb that is supposed to give off artificial light that replicates the sun's rays. I'm hoping it helps to keep my plants healthy this winter. They didn't fare well indoors last season.

I have a group on facebook if you facebook about growing "Sunflowers & Edibles" (a paperli too)
And cooking what you grow "Southern Homemade Style"
Zone 7 I think but with all the global warming and summer burning them up in the past figured Id plant on a curve lol looks like its working though

Back
Top Bottom