What did you do in the garden today?

Beekissed has done well with the CXR and having them free range. It's all a matter of management. Will you be processing them yourself? I've done CXR in the past and most recently did Pioneers AKA Dixie Rainbows. Those make nice layers. I have 2 generations of EE x Pioneer gals.

Beekissed has done well with the CXR and having them free range.  It's all a matter of management.  Will you be processing them yourself?  I've done CXR in the past and most recently did Pioneers AKA Dixie Rainbows.  Those make nice layers.  I have 2 generations of EE x Pioneer gals.  

They'll have a big grassy area, plus half of my garden to free range in, so they should get a lot of good bugs, seeds, etc. I'll most likely try to take them to a processing plant for this first batch. I know there're tons of you tube videos and how tos on the web, but I'd prefer a little one-on-one coaching when I do learn to process myself. There's a Mennonite farm nearby that I may ask too.

That's the advantage of living in Florida. I plant seeds 1 Jan and put in the ground 1 Mar. If I can keep my chickens out of the gardens, I'll have veggies by mid April.

When I was in MO, we wouldn't plant plants til May and hope for Tomatoes by 4 July picnic.

Back
Top Bottom