What did you do in the garden today?

I picked some strawberries and tomorrow I'm going to start a small veggie patch! I have all the seeds and everything ready! It's going to have beans, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers! :)
That's terrific! It's fun to hear what's going on in the garden where it's summer now! Feel free to post pics!

Evening all. Dh is grading exams, and we're sitting his listening to Norwegian Radio live.

Man the rice this morning was awesome! I'll have it again in the morning. I only make it Christmas week, I LOVE IT.

The Big television in the living room died today. I cannot believe we had to go to the city before Christmas and deal with those crowds to get a TV. ARGH. It was only 5 years old too. SO Annoying.

Nothing in the world of gardening. THinking about what varieties to plant. The garden will be nothing but tomatoes this year. SanMats probably and slicers and cherries. As for specifically, no idea.

Evening all. Dh is grading exams, and we're sitting his listening to Norwegian Radio live.

Man the rice this morning was awesome! I'll have it again in the morning. I only make it Christmas week, I LOVE IT.

The Big television in the living room died today. I cannot believe we had to go to the city before Christmas and deal with those crowds to get a TV. ARGH. It was only 5 years old too. SO Annoying.

Nothing in the world of gardening. THinking about what varieties to plant. The garden will be nothing but tomatoes this year. SanMats probably and slicers and cherries. As for specifically, no idea.
Tell us more about the special gnome Rice dish!

I had to go to Walmart today - it was busy! So I’m sure wherever you had to go for a TV was Very busy too! Not to mention parking.

We went to Best Buy. It's the only one for 60 miles. And the only real electronics store. It was ok, surprisingly. Traffic was nuts. Parking was insane. The grocery was worse.

Here's my Risegrot recipe. I use short grain arborio rice and prefer whole milk.
http://dunrovinstation.blogspot.com/2017/12/risgrt.html
Thanks!

I noticed the recipe at the bottom calls for:
1 cup of very cold heaving whipping cream

I'm guessing they mean “heavy” whipping cream...

but, I like trying new things, so might give this a go! The remaining child at home isn’t much of a milk drinker, so we always have extra milk, so this would use up some of that milk.

I picked some strawberries and tomorrow I'm going to start a small veggie patch! I have all the seeds and everything ready! It's going to have beans, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers! :)

Welcome to Gardeners thread

Been out all day at friends Christmas I do steel cut oats only time I do them

Morning all. A big warm up today, hopefully the ice will melt! I had to put straw down in the chicken tunnel and saved up leaves & scratch in the run to tempt the girls to even come out. They just kept slipping everywhere.

Sounds like chicken math to me!!! :D
It sure does, I have 2 more planned for the spring! DH wants more but I told him he'd have to build a bigger coop. Chicken math is real.

No work in the garden today. Our snow is starting to melt, but the ground is still pretty covered. It's supposed to be a high of 52 on Friday and a high of 57 on Monday, so the snow should be disappearing pretty quickly.
Ran a bunch of errands this morning and then met Grandson's bus at 12:30. They had a half day. We went over to my daughter's and he played with her BF's son (2 1/2 years old). Then we all made chocolate chip cookies.
When I got back home I made dinner and then wrapped the presents my Mom bought for my son's kids ( so we can take them down there with us for her. Then I made a couple of batches of Mosaic cookies. They are a freezer cookie made with chocolate, colored miniature marshmallows, nut, an egg, powdered sugar. Then rolled into logs and rolled in coconut and put in the freezer. Once they are hardened, you slice them so you can see the Mosaic window effect made from the colored marshmallows.
Did you get any pics of those cookies? They sound pretty!

Well I didn't do anything in the garden today but I DID open a jar of dilly beans I made this summer and put it in a bloody Mary! Does that count? They turned out great!
YUM!! I do dillybeans and picked green tomatoes just for Bloody Mary's!! But I couldn't get my hands on any fresh greenbeans to can this past summer. I was bummed.

I'm off for the week. Yay! Been spring cleaning, lol. I am making a cheesecake for Christmas dinner and i think I'm going to swirl my Christmas jam on top since i haven't gotten to taste it yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom