What did you do in the garden today?

Please don’t apologize @jerryse. We’re all here with gardening in mind. Grafting is something I’ve never tried, but it is interesting. I’ve done air layering but that was years ago. Propagation is something I’m more experienced with. We all contribute gardening knowledge in our own way. :)
Great group of people on here . knew you would understand .

My chickens are sooo bad! I was working on the railing and the chickens were keeping my feet company like they like to do... silly chickens... when I become aware of this non stop pecking. You know how they can go after things...? I glance down and see them just going after my Ti plant. The little humbugs!!! They completely stripped the bark off of it. Doubt it will survive that but I can cut it back and it will start back up and I start a cutting from what's left too. I wanted to clean up and freshen up my front planters when I finished with the deck... But my goodness... BAD CHICKENS!!! They are so grounded back to the run!!!View attachment 2029819View attachment 2029820
Can you try applying wax or Elmer's glue thinned with water? It might protect the inner fibers since the bark is missing.

Can you try applying wax or Elmer's glue thinned with water? It might protect the inner fibers since the bark is missing.
Mahalo @BReeder! I have never heard of the Elmers glue trick- may have to try that on the smaller Ti just for fun! I'll keep you posted on how it works for me :D Thanks!!! If I had grafting tape I would have used that but now I am excited about the glue idea. Tee hee!
The big Ti I'll just cut and it will throw out another shoot or three to replace what the poor staving bad chickens ate. All is fair in love and food. :hmm

Mahalo @BReeder! I have never heard of the Elmers glue trick- may have to try that on the smaller Ti just for fun! I'll keep you posted on how it works for me :D Thanks!!! If I had grafting tape I would have used that but now I am excited about the glue idea. Tee hee!
The big Ti I'll just cut and it will throw out another shoot or three to replace what the poor staving bad chickens ate. All is fair in love and food. :hmm
I use it when trimming branches.

Sunny and 39 this afternoon . So getting interested in doing some garden / tree stuff . Made a hot callus pipe for grafting nut trees . They say it helps . I have terrible results field grafting nuts . 2 takes in 30 years and one died back . I know most of you do not graft trees but I needed to talk .
I have no idea what most of what you said means. I do know what it means to graft trees, but have never heard of a "hot callus pipe"! Sorry you are having such horrible results with your previous attempts. I hope this new contraption helps!!

My chickens are sooo bad! I was working on the railing and the chickens were keeping my feet company like they like to do... silly chickens... when I become aware of this non stop pecking. You know how they can go after things...? I glance down and see them just going after my Ti plant. The little humbugs!!! They completely stripped the bark off of it. Doubt it will survive that but I can cut it back and it will start back up and I start a cutting from what's left too. I wanted to clean up and freshen up my front planters when I finished with the deck... But my goodness... BAD CHICKENS!!! They are so grounded back to the run!!!View attachment 2029819View attachment 2029820
:idunno This is total speculation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but is it possible your chickens subscribe to this channel:idunno

Back
Top Bottom