What did you do in the garden today?

not garden related, but you all might have good advice.

We use Revolution Plus on our outdoor/barn cat - she’s fixed and vaccinated and is fed daily, has litter box, etc. Revolution is a flea/tick, ear mite, and dewormer product that is applied 1x per month. We usually get it from the vet, but as it does not need to be dispensed by a vet, was curious if there were reputable online company that would have a better price. Yes, I can find all kinds of online companies, but who is reputable etc. if price is similar to my vet, I’ll just continue to get it there, but seems like there may be room for lower price since we find she gets ear mites bad if we don’t apply every 4-5 weeks, so we intend to continue the routine.

Nope. I don't mange it back until tomorrow night, Friday morning technically since it will be 12:05 AM when my flight lands in Chicago and then I should walk into the door around 2:00 AM.

Where in AZ are you?
I know about this,,,,,, but,,,,,,,,, that always puts me at a difficult crossroads.. :th
Should I share this delicious "nectar of the gods"? :drool:drool
Do I want the snails and slugs to cross the bridge happy?:frow
:lau

Good morning gardeners. I've noticed some newcomers on the thread. Welcome. Yesterday was my trip into Boston for a medical appointment, have blood drawn and drop off eggs. The phlebotomist had to stick me a couple of times, but eventually she got it. There's no bruising today, so it's all good. So when I mentioned that I was jealous you could have hives @WthrLady you do know I meant "bee" hives, LOL! Now you must have heard the airlines have changed the regulations on comfort animals on flights @cavemanrich. Comfort chickens are no longer allowed unless they are certified. The soil in the photo sure looks like potting soil @hysop. It looks a lot like the potting soil I used to start my leeks. I don't like using regular potting soil to start seedlings because it's so chunky, but I haven't been able to find starter soil anywhere. What exactly did you plant anyway? As far as leaving saucers of beer in the garden for the slugs, I know it works, have done so in the past, however I have a large population of chipmunks and I'm concerned about the damage that might be done by a herd of drunken chipmunks. I use broken egg shells instead. The slugs don't like dragging their slimy little bodies over them. It's cold here today and tomorrow but warming into the 40's for the weekend. To those of you tracking your monthly chicken / gardening expenses, please don't laugh at me but when tallying up egg sales vs supplies I wasn't considering the value of the eggs I was consuming each month. So with that added in, right now I'm almost breaking even. It's nice to know your "hobby" is not all that expensive. Two more egg customers would make my eggs free. Have you asked the folks at your local feed store @Acre4Me if they have that vaccine. After my last little dog passed I finally noticed that Seresto collars were $40 cheaper at the feed store than what the vet sold them for. Also, I noticed quite a few de-wormers and other medications at TSC. Good luck with that. Dreaming of a warm Spring for now. Have a great day everyone.

@Wee Farmer Sarah — I planted apple seeds. What kind? I have no idea. But I do know it doesn’t matter since the fruit won’t be the same anyway. I’m just wanting to try my hand at planting since for two years I haven’t done very well but it’s because I don’t know how to leave plants alone. This time around I’m letting them be.

@Wee Farmer Sarah — I planted apple seeds. What kind? I have no idea. But I do know it doesn’t matter since the fruit won’t be the same anyway. I’m just wanting to try my hand at planting since for two years I haven’t done very well but it’s because I don’t know how to leave plants alone. This time around I’m letting them be.
Try planting a tomato plant with a basil plant in a large pot. Lettuce is pretty easy to grow as well. I've been gardening for over 40 years and I'm still learning. Stick with the gang here, there is so much knowledge and experience that they are very happy to share.

Ah, the east side. I'm a west side girl. You'll be gone just in time, it's supposed to cool off and rain Saturday. Today will be gorgeous though! Did you get a chance to go anywhere or is it an all work, no play business trip?
I'm in the office for the day (8am-5pm) but I go out in the evening for dinner and drinks at least. I like downtown Gilbert. I wish I had time to get to Little Miss BBQ again (I was here in November and made it there). I haven't done much exploring though outside of the food scene.

I'm in the office for the day (8am-5pm) but I go out in the evening for dinner and drinks at least. I like downtown Gilbert. I wish I had time to get to Little Miss BBQ again (I was here in November and made it there). I haven't done much exploring though outside of the food scene.
The east side does have some great food. I recommend Honey Bears if you can get there. The pork rib tips are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom