What did you do in the garden today?

Pulled 177 garlic bulbs.
20200527_195138.jpg

Follow on post I am confident these gloves will work for my application so what a great tool. The white/gold ones feel like I can safely take on rattlesnakes. The Green Black ones are HD fails but great for citrus work as they can be quite thorny and offer protection as well for me close to my elbows. Both are TOOLS definitely not your average garden gloves but for working in close with the prickly pear I do not lack confidence in these HexArmor, but would chose the florist pro ones more for bare handed scorpion removals as they offer top of the hand protection. IMG_6283.JPG IMG_6287.JPG

Last edited:
Hello gardeners, today we decided to give up on some kale that wasn't doing so well. photo_2020-05-28_14-20-44.jpg photo_2020-05-28_14-20-48.jpg

After we pulled it up we planted some sunflowers we hope will do better and lead to a harvest of seeds!

The increased amount of gardening I've been doing lately has summoned a sudden need for more disposal than just composting so I set out with my partner and we got cinderblocks together to construct a fire-pit.

photo_2020-05-28_14-20-51.jpg

Bonus: Salt (in front) and Pepper say hi!

photo_2020-05-28_14-20-55.jpg

Just throwing this out, but maybe you could make the hay equipment pay for itself by working out a lease arrangement with other people's fields? Like, inspect it in the winter or run a harrow to see if there are stumps/trash/thistles ,and if their field is good quality, enter into a 60/40 (in your favor) agreement for the hay, as long as the field remains closed off.
Thanks, but no. The system would have to be put up on a trailer to get to other places, and then unloaded, to include my tractor. It's not worth damaging any of it or the time and money to buy/rent a trailer. Just going to be the cost of quality hay. We'll hay out our place 3 times a season and sell excess hay. So that will take some off the bill each year.

Back
Top Bottom