What did you do in the garden today?

Happy Sunday Gardeners think the cats ate the tomatillos I started in a pot in the kitchen window ? okay going to putt dill in their have a hard time with dill.
I love it but it bolts so fast here
My dill hasn’t bolted but my butter crunch lettuce did but I don’t mind since I can get seeds for my next growing of it.

Good morning gardeners. Rolled out of bed at 0500 and let the flock out, then took the pups to the park. After we got home I wet down the floor of the mini coop and turned on the fan, poor birds were looking exhausted last night. I added some dry alfalfa hay to the big coop and cleaned out the nest boxes, someone has been roosting above them at night :rolleyes: The shrubs out front are doing well. This is a red bird of paradise, the flowers remind me of a sunset
View attachment 2170006
Sage, ornamental not culinary
View attachment 2170007
Mexican bird of paradise, I hope the one out back gets at least as big as this one
View attachment 2170008
Succulents that I added a few days ago
View attachment 2170009
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Beautiful pictures! I particularly like the succulent pot. The two Mexican Birds of Paradise don't even look like the same plant, but I love the small one's shape!

I love it but it bolts so fast here
I have never been able to grow dill before moving here. I kept reading how easy it was and wondering if it was some prank on me. :) The ones we have now are doing well but yeah, I keep waiting for them to bolt and die.

Good morning gardeners, the rain is gone but I think we got enough yesterday that I can skip watering today. But that makes it a perfect day to use the liquid fertilizer on the plants that need it. I am starting to hate those giant corn plants still waiting patiently in the greenhouse. I think I'll do what I did the very first year we had a garden, plant them like ornamentals, in groups of three around the garden. It was a total mistake at that time 30 year ago (nearly zero production) but they looked nice and I don't really care if these plants produce ears. Kinda have the same plan for the dozen or so extra ruby chard seedlings, and they really are pretty enough to be ornamental plants, plus yummy!

Our season the last 4 years maybe 5 have been that way
I grab lettuce for salads that kind of stuff but arugula anything mustard
all have use fast then plant over
I am going to need to do the same and replant all my lettuce. This is the first year I have actually seen something grow because I have enough time to dedicate to my gardens. I am loving that I can feed my bunnies straight from the garden and not have to rely on the grocery store.

Beautiful pictures! I particularly like the succulent pot. The two Mexican Birds of Paradise don't even look like the same plant, but I love the small one's shape!

I have never been able to grow dill before moving here. I kept reading how easy it was and wondering if it was some prank on me. :) The ones we have now are doing well but yeah, I keep waiting for them to bolt and die.

Good morning gardeners, the rain is gone but I think we got enough yesterday that I can skip watering today. But that makes it a perfect day to use the liquid fertilizer on the plants that need it. I am starting to hate those giant corn plants still waiting patiently in the greenhouse. I think I'll do what I did the very first year we had a garden, plant them like ornamentals, in groups of three around the garden. It was a total mistake at that time 30 year ago (nearly zero production) but they looked nice and I don't really care if these plants produce ears. Kinda have the same plan for the dozen or so extra ruby chard seedlings, and they really are pretty enough to be ornamental plants, plus yummy!
Thanks, I have a bunch of different succulents out there. The bird of paradise plants have similar leaves but different growth habits and different colored flowers. The one that's not blooming gets yellow flowers.

Back
Top Bottom