What did you do in the garden today?

Thanks, I have a bunch of different succulents out there. The bird of paradise plants have similar leaves but different growth habits and different colored flowers. The one that's not blooming gets yellow flowers.
We call those Ohia Ali'i here ;) šŸ¤™. Gorgeous small tree/shrub fantastic light feathery pennate leaves. Lovely as a specimen or in group plantings. Beautiful :drool
Bet @AllenK RGV has them floating around his hood too.

We call those Ohia Ali'i here ;) šŸ¤™. Gorgeous small tree/shrub fantastic light feathery pennate leaves. Lovely as a specimen or in group plantings. Beautiful :drool
Bet @AllenK RGV has them floating around his hood too.
I love learning the different names based on location! Allen more than likely does, they really are pretty shrubs and seem to do well in hell šŸ¤­ The mini velociraptors enjoy them too, punks!

I love learning the different names based on location! Allen more than likely does, they really are pretty shrubs and seem to do well in hell šŸ¤­ The mini velociraptors enjoy them too, punks!
No kidding. this heat is just crappy. I lost my lovely rooster the other day. He had a almost fatal stroke at night (I had to put him down :hit) he had stressed a some three days prior. I was pulling out all my stops to keep him cool ad well and he did seem almost recovered by bedtime that eve. Had a vet appointment for him... I let him roost with the girls not knowing what the next day would bring. Roosters like him seem far and few and I will miss him very much. I'm hoping that i can duplicate him from one of my hatches. Wouldn't that be wonderful... then move somewhere cool lol.
Any ways, back to the heat/hell. Not a fan at all... grateful for a good trade wind blowing today. With climate change they say our trades have cute down 40% since the 80's. Sure feels about right. That changes a lot for us Westsiders.

This little turd totally looks like he would sting you! Oh, what a weirdo!!!

1590965699995.png

Wooly bear caterpillars do that too! When my nephew was little he was holding one in his had & closed it a bit & the thing released all its hairs into his hand - sort of like cactus spines. Poor kid was so upset. They used duct tape to get all the hairs out.

I've always harvested my dill every couple of days, taking the good leaves & freezing them - it keeps it from bolting for a little bit longer but won't stop it forever.

Mean girl is doing pretty well with her peepers, she's figured out how to pin down the littles. :lau Actually she's doing pretty good, she's not beating on them too bad & I swear they ask for it - just stay away from her!! Duh! The true test will be bed time.

Back
Top Bottom