What did you do in the garden today?

Morning all.

Yay, little baby chicks!!

Not much going on here today, working. Got a peapod order, had everything except meat. 0 meat. Ugh.

Chickens are getting sorted out, mean girl is doing pretty well with her peepers. She didn't harass anyone heading into the coop last night. I think I'll take them off Sun night & see if she can behave. My troubled little had a 2nd night in a row with no soft shelled egg, so that's fantastic. Today is the last day of antibiotics too, can't wait for everything to get back to normal!

Question if anyone has any thoughts on the troubled pullet that lays soft shelled eggs: I feed an all flock, do you think I should switch to layer feed? Maybe she isn't eating the oyster shell & layer feed would help?

I thought I saw frost on the giant hosta in the front yard, but I'm not crazy about hostas so no problem. I'm sure it was just glistening dew. LOL! I forgot to mention a visitor yesterday evening. I found this little darling grazing outside of the chicken coop. I think it's a young one. She was only about 1 1/2 feet long. (It's a groundhog, not a squirrel)
ground hog.jpg

Last edited:
OMG I just can't get out in the yard to mow. The rain is so off and on lately this place isn't drying out. At least the garden is self watering right now, but the chicken are getting to the point I need to issue them machetes I was able to mow some paths for them and us 2 days ago. Oh yaeh and a tropical system is headed this way as well. That is Texas for you extreme drought to more than plenty, but the citrus should be happy this year. Also, my guava needed the pick me up too.

Last edited:
Good evening all, got a hanging feeder at the feed store and got it mounted in the run. Hopefully less wasted feed. I know I saved some feed cuz it took them a while to work up the nerve to go near it. :) Banded one of the amber links cuz the two of them were about identical. So now Queenie is a greenie. And since the feed store is just past the nursery, we had to stop and help out a local business. Amongst other things, I got a tray pack of those dark red snapdragons, the ones that even the foliage is dark green, tinged with red. I love those, just like they looked when I was a kid.

@Acre4Me OMG babies!!!

I was wondering this too. 'Course you can't have too much rosemary.
Very true, it smells so good!

I hate to go on and on, but my barren moonscape really loves this rain 5 inches in the last 72 hours alone. I mowed and weeded this section 2 days ago..............
IMG_6289.JPG

These images are in the to be done sections of the lawn:
IMG_6293.JPG IMG_6294.JPG

I often think I need sheep, llama's, or donkeys at times like these, but nah, I didn't need to mow for the better part of a year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom