What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. @Wee Farmer Sarah 39? That's crazy! @Acre4Me love the chick pic, more please! @AllenK RGV that's some serious grass and a lot of rain! Do you guys end up with skeeters when the grass grows so long? Not much happening here today. I woke up with a headache this morning and when I went outside I found this is responsible for it
20200602_055947_HDR.jpg

Lovely, not as hot as direct sun, but it's warm and a bit muggy. I have a few weeds I want to get out of the garden, they already have stickers on them, then I'm done for the day. Enjoy the dirt all!

Good morning gardeners. @Wee Farmer Sarah 39? That's crazy! @Acre4Me love the chick pic, more please! @AllenK RGV that's some serious grass and a lot of rain! Do you guys end up with skeeters when the grass grows so long? Not much happening here today. I woke up with a headache this morning and when I went outside I found this is responsible for it
View attachment 2172958
Lovely, not as hot as direct sun, but it's warm and a bit muggy. I have a few weeds I want to get out of the garden, they already have stickers on them, then I'm done for the day. Enjoy the dirt all!
Yep I think I lost at least 1 unit of blood mowing Sunday night. They seem to live in the wet tall grass and that is why I like waiting until things are dry to mow.

Yep I think I lost at least 1 unit of blood mowing Sunday night. They seem to live in the wet tall grass and that is why I like waiting until things are dry to mow.
Kinda thought so, I went through that as a kid a lot in so cal. It rained for two weeks straight once and after I cut the grass I looked like had chicken pox!

Question if anyone has any thoughts on the troubled pullet that lays soft shelled eggs: I feed an all flock, do you think I should switch to layer feed? Maybe she isn't eating the oyster shell & layer feed would help?
YES! I have one that doesn't eat enough shell on her own but I boost it with layer feed and she's good to go.

Well, I missed like 50 pages on this forum. It's been a little while. I hope everybody's gardens are doing well. I've taken on landscaping the front of our house recently. I'm still worked on removing sod and cutting edges around some trees and then mulching them properly (unlike the city when they planted a new maple in the parkway and just mounded mulch around it). I've extended our rock edging and path lights down one side of the driveway. I'll do the other side once I get more of the lights, which are not cheap at nearly $15 a piece on the cheapest site I could find. I need just 5 more I think.
20200531_070529.jpg

No peach blossoms this year...:idunno I was hoping this was the year. I transplanted the tree in 2018. I actually began to fruit in the pot I bought it in from Walmart. But the fruit shriveled up and died while still tiny. Then I transplanted it and it's at least tripled its foliage since then. It gets plenty of sun and we get winter weather that puts it through the necessary cold period each year. I haven't fertilized it because it's very close to the chicken run and I figure it gets plenty of nutrients from the chicken run that gets washed down into the soil by rain. I haven't pruned it much so far either as I was letting it grow a bit before beginning to attempt to shape it.
I guess I just hold out hope for next year. I would like to be proactive with it this year if possible though. Anybody have ideas to get a peach tree to blossom and fruit?

I weeded for hours and I'm still not done, thanks to two knee surgeries. Im headed out to plant Mammoth sunflower seeds even though it's late, and to find more room somewhere for a new pollinator garden/monarch way station. I haven't started any of my flower seeds because I selfishly prioritized veggies for the peacocks and myself, and feel very guilty watching a monarch flit around the property without a single milkweed plant. I hope he doesn't leave :fl

Back
Top Bottom