What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. I'm watering the grass and checked on everything. Think I'm going to pull the glads and try again in the fall :hiteverything else seems to be doing ok so far. The aloes are still greening up despite the heat and the yellow bells are blooming. Filled the waders for the flock first thing this morning and took out some electrolytes for them. Here's our forecast through the weekend, although models are suggesting it could be hotter
20200709_044921.jpg

Few snaps from the garden today
20200709_053155.jpg
20200709_053203.jpg
20200709_053219.jpg

20200709_053211.jpg
20200709_053300_HDR.jpg
20200709_053319_HDR.jpg

And the basil as it dries
20200708_083247_HDR.jpg

I'm headed to the store for cucumbers and watermelon for the flock and rabbit. Have a great day everyone!

The wax beans are about done , a few flowers and small beans left but we picked 3 times already . We will give them the weekend , gotta go up to the cabin for my daughters birthday for the weekend anyway . Monday we'll pick again and pull plants and get area prepped for the green bean seeds .

garden 11.jpg

Gave all the tomatoes a feeding , here's a shot of one of the Super Sauce plants

garden 12.jpg

I've got a shovel mole tunneling around the garden and lawn , time to get out the mole traps . Gave everything a good watering this morn , even though we've got rain coming tomorrow its hot/humid and sunny today .
Have a great day everybody .

63 mph winds here last night, bouncing between 50 and 63 for over an hour. 5 miles down the road it was 81. The sound was insane!
My patio sofa cushion was 300 yards down the road.
I haven't been to the garden yet, but the wind fence is still there and I tied up all the plants yesterday.

Friend was in the process of converting an old 10 foot grain silo to a playhouse. It looked adorable, but they didn't bolt it to the concrete pad. The wind threw it 30 feet up and over and then down onto a fence. They lost a large tree too.

Think I'll eat lunch, check the garden and move bales of hay.

New washing machine is here. I had forgotten they can be silent while running.
Tomorrow I have marketing to do and canning to accomplish.

Don't you just love it when your garden is finally producing and you get that awesome feeling of accomplishment, like, wow, I really did this!
omg yes! It's like you've been pushing a load along and suddenly it's motor kicks in and then you can just walk along with it!
Can you see how loaded the tomatillos are in the back of the picture?!!
So many great pictures! Do tomatillos take more heat and sun than tomatoes? I might try them here, it'd be nice to can my own salsa.
63 mph winds here last night, bouncing between 50 and 63 for over an hour. 5 miles down the road it was 81.
You must be made of tough stuff to farm there.
You can freeze or enjoy it in smoothies or even make kale chips ;)
Still got to get the second freezer for the garage, but some chips would be really nice!

Processed all three roosters this morning before doing the watering. Went better and easier than I expected. The coop should calm down, the boys were always stirring up stuff. Now I just need to see to the rabbits, probably tomorrow. Only two of them, DP wants to keep the third one for an extra breeder. Overcast and in the 60s so another lovely day, good day to go fishing. :)

Back
Top Bottom