What did you do in the garden today?

Went out after the sun was behind the trees to fertilize since wer gettin all the rain from the storm tmorrow/tues. then grilled and enjoyed our litte paradise.

Attachments

• 3E126202-3D26-4763-8436-A0059DE365F3.jpeg
    3E126202-3D26-4763-8436-A0059DE365F3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Wow! That took a while to get caught up!
3DAE02FE-F1F3-4F66-8C08-F94A0D856EF1.jpeg
758DCE8A-83D1-411F-9AB5-169C2F6757CE.jpeg
Can’t remember if I posted this picture this weekend or not. Sorry if it’s a repeat.
D43DFFEA-74C9-4262-A2E7-0B5917C09963.jpeg
I think I finally found the Queen in my split hive! I think she is in this picture.
On the bad side, I think I have a bad case of small hive beetlein my original hive.😞 I hadn’t seen them before, but today I saw between 19 and 22 of them just in the super. 😡Tomorrow I will go check the brood boxes. I ran out of daylight today.

A0B78FA2-C34A-4BBA-BF87-D0043348B674.jpeg
Pure yumminess from my garden!
E045A544-BC35-4FCF-B620-B426D309567A.jpeg
I found 2 more zucchini that were hiding. I can’t believe how big they can get in a short amount of time!
@Sooner Magnolia I will post the Carrot cake jam recipe tomorrow! It’s getting late tonight.
@Sueby my cucumbers are about done for too. I believe mine are due to the squash beetles. I do have about 14 or so big cucumbers on my counter and a few more on the vine but most of the small ones are turning brown and falling off.
I made a 5 pint batch of bread and butter pickles. Now my hubby wants me to make a spicy pickle!
Headed to bed. See you all tomorrow!

Wow! That took a while to get caught up!
View attachment 2274244View attachment 2274245Can’t remember if I posted this picture this weekend or not. Sorry if it’s a repeat.
View attachment 2274247I think I finally found the Queen in my split hive! I think she is in this picture.
On the bad side, I think I have a bad case of small hive beetlein my original hive.😞 I hadn’t seen them before, but today I saw between 19 and 22 of them just in the super. 😡Tomorrow I will go check the brood boxes. I ran out of daylight today.

View attachment 2274254Pure yumminess from my garden!View attachment 2274255I found 2 more zucchini that were hiding. I can’t believe how big they can get in a short amount of time!
@Sooner Magnolia I will post the Carrot cake jam recipe tomorrow! It’s getting late tonight.
@Sueby my cucumbers are about done for too. I believe mine are due to the squash beetles. I do have about 14 or so big cucumbers on my counter and a few more on the vine but most of the small ones are turning brown and falling off.
I made a 5 pint batch of bread and butter pickles. Now my hubby wants me to make a spicy pickle!
Headed to bed. See you all tomorrow!
Yummy looks like good Rattatouille starter one of my kids favorite foods

Oh ok I have never heard of them now i know sweet its not supposed to stop raining till Thursday totally sucks my 4silkies have been standing in the door way or standing on the roosts looking out the window like little kids waiting for the rain to stop they look so pitiful

I’m in western Ohio. We have had day after day of rain along with low temps, which is unusual for this time of year. More rain today. But then should have a Break from the rain for a few days.

Morning all!

I sprayed the entire garden with neem & insecticide soap yesterday & it promptly rained. :he I can smell the garden a mile away now! I'll wait till after this hurricane passes & treat again. Sooo much easier with the big garden sprayer.

I've now removed 5 6 hornworms from the tomatoes - boy the girls love to see me coming with them. I need to get back out there & look for more, I'm starting to get the hang of finding them.

Has anyone made a squash or zucchini soup? I'm going to try making some, seems like it would freeze well.

Have a great day all.

eta: I just cleaned up the garden, pulled all the old squash leaves, pulled a couple non productive plants, more cukes, trimmed some tomatoes, etc. It's like a jungle & getting out of control. I found a good place to try & start some lettuce that's under the sun shade. Next week...

(my hydrangea after the rain, such pretty colors)
IMG_20200802_171601135_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom