What did you do in the garden today?

My rosemary is about 10 years old too! It hates coming in for the winter, but it usually makes it ok.

Sage survives outside in the winter here, mine is a few years old. Same with the mint & thyme. I go out & knock the snow off the thyme & use it. :gig

Phew, we canned 107 jars of jam today. I am DONE canning for the season. Yay!!! :wee Now I'm on the heating pad with a vodka cocktail. LOL

Good morning gardeners. The weather has been a bit warmer here. I have one more okra that should be ready to pick tomorrow. I find that very funny since it's a warm climate plant. Rain is in the forecast later today, however I will have time to get some outside work taken care of. My impatiens continue to do well inside and the smaller plant has even developed some flower buds. I always bring my rosemary indoors to overwinter, however the sage is a perennial and does just fine along with the other perennial herbs @Swiss. I've never had parsely last more than one season in a pot, however apparently it will go for two seasons planted in the ground. I'm curious to see if any of the seed that developed on it will revive it next Spring. Thyme is like a weed and it will continue to grow nicely as will oregano and chives. Although I did dry a lot of herbs, if there isn't too much snow on the ground in late November I can usually pick fresh herbs for Thanksgiving dinner. So nice. Time to get moving now. Have a great day everyone.
I just love my backyard view.
View attachment 2379995
I’m so jealous! We have gotten our first snowfall this afternoon and it is still snowing. This is part of my front flower garden:

645EE849-7437-49C7-8373-D3273F827911.jpeg

Good morning gardeners. I'm getting quite a chuckle out of these late garden surprises. My leeks have decided to grow, I have poblanos developing, jalapenos and one okra. The curly endive seems to be growing as well. I also noticed that after two years my chives seem to be growing better. It's a bit unusual to have this much left in the garden this time of year, but it's fun and now I don't feel so bad about being so slow on the garden clean up this year. I got more dirt moved from the driveway to the chicken run yesterday. The pile is getting visibly smaller. This morning we are getting a little more much needed rain so inside work only until this afternoon. I'm glad you got your jam finished @Sueby. I still need to work on canning apples. But they are fine in the basement fridge for now. I would never put my herbs in the basement over the winter. I love having them in my sunroom. Before I moved to this house I would bring the rosemary into the living room. I love the aroma it gives when watering it. I gave that plant to one of my neighbors when I moved. It was 10 years old. The one herb that I haven't had any success with here so far is the Russian Tarragon. Unlike the French, it is a perennial. I had it growing in a pot at my previous house. I haven't been able to grow it here. I miss that one. I gave that one away as well. I'll keep trying to grow it here. More fall colors for you @igorsMistress. Have a great day everyone.

Fall colors.JPG

fall colors 2.jpg

Poblanos
October poblanos.JPG

Rosemary

Rosemary.jpg

Back
Top Bottom