What did you do in the garden today?

Harvested my sunflowers a week early because the rats were eating them, but at least they can dry indoors. The javelinas ate all my squash plants a couple days ago so I cut them down a bit to see if we can get a few more. Unfortunately, I think the rats found those too, we'll see. I also discovered that they are eating all the oranges, by the time it is January and they are ripe and sweet the rats will have eaten them all. I may have to try to figure out some hard cloth cages for a few so we can at least have some blood oranges, I love to make blood orange Macarons in the winter for Christmas with our oranges!
Today I'll put our carrots!

Good afternoon gardeners. I hope you’ve all had a great day! @Wee Farmer Sarah and @Sueby thanks so much for the color pics :love We don’t get the changes in many trees around the metro area here, plus it has been warmer than usual so far this Fall. However, I saw this on the news and almost spit coffee on the tv
6B7D3E0F-12F3-4B1A-A1C2-872B5A0A6138.jpeg

Has anyone in here raised ducks before? If so, do you know if the water from their pools can be put directly into the garden? What about on vegetables? Asking for a friend :)

That reminds me of a story a friend told me. He was working for a construction firm in Arizona and was out in the field surveying. It was hot out and suddenly some dark clouds rolled in. He continued surveying for a little bit and had to make the rod taller to take some elevation shots. When he lowered the rod, he realized it was wet! Yes, it was raining but about 3 feet above his head the raindrops evaporated, lol. Don't know if it was a true story or not, but he swears it really happened.

That reminds me of a story a friend told me. He was working for a construction firm in Arizona and was out in the field surveying. It was hot out and suddenly some dark clouds rolled in. He continued surveying for a little bit and had to make the rod taller to take some elevation shots. When he lowered the rod, he realized it was wet! Yes, it was raining but about 3 feet above his head the raindrops evaporated, lol. Don't know if it was a true story or not, but he swears it really happened.
Sounds about right. We could see verga coming our way, pass overhead and move to the north without a drop touching us, but our roof was a bit wet.

Back
Top Bottom